Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 11:03 PM

Re: Are You Mean Or Generous When It Comes To Using..Water, Electricity Or Gas?

We use our heating as and when we need it usually leaving it on about 20 and turning it down when it gets to hot which has been a lot just lately.I only use the washing machine once a week but it could be two or three loads and use the dryer only when needed . and both washing machine and dryer are only used on our cheaper night time tariff. we dont have a water meter and I dont want one. we shower and very rarely use the bath but I have to water my garden in the summer which consumes a lot.
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2015, 11:09 PM

Being environmentally conscious and somewhat frugal, I water the garden regularly, take two long showers a day, leave lights on when unnecessary, use air conditioning in summer and ducted gas heating in winter. In short, if it makes me comfortable and happy, I do it and damn the cost and my minor contribution to global warming.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2015, 08:17 PM

omg -i dont watch everything ' i switch off when i leave a room thats all ' and to pull the chain just once is terrible ...

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top