Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 05:32 PM

Re: What caught your eye

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I met my wife fifty seven years ago at a friends birthday party. I was eighteen and she was only fourteen although I didn't know that at the time. She had a beautiful smile, long black hair and a figure that no girl at that age should have. Anyway we were married four years later and celebrated our 53rd this month.
Congrats belated though they may be, 53 years wow that is sure some stretch to be together
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2015, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
When I first saw a photo of the man in my life I was struck by how alert and intelligent he looked. When I met him, he was such a happy chappy. We went for a walk together and I was smitten. Then I saw the love in his eyes, but he was looking at another woman
But I managed to part them from each other, brazen hussy that I was…
He still has all the traits that I loved, but the love in his eyes is now for me.

And I think by now he may have forgotten his life at the dog rescue shelter.
Precious, Callie and I have a similar story together. Hubby and I took years to get less awkward together. Me and my Callie it was instantly love at first sight.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
What a beautiful story. Orangutan.....
... and you have partner that has a special quality that many to not have - faithfulness.
Indeed. I know my little man will always be at my side.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 04:11 PM

If this response upsets you, I apologise in advance....

Back in the 1980's, my wife and I decided to adopt a kitten. It would, we decided, make our family complete.

We heard that the local police station were looking after a young cat that they had 'picked up', and when we saw this little black and white moggie looking very sheepish inside of a wire cage, we took it to heart. It was explained that the previous owner, the husband, had kicked this cat so hard, it had become lodged behind a radiator. The wife rang the police asking for help!!! The local bobby saw how distressed the cat was - and wrenched the radiator off the wall. The husband threatened to sue him for damages!!!

They also told us of another kitten they knew of that was desperately in need of a good home. The husband decided to get rid of a litter of unwanted kittens by flushing them down the toilet. His wife also rang the police for help - and just the last kitten was saved.

Those two kittens grew up with us. We loved them like nothing else. They lived long after the kids went to university, then left to start their own lives. For fourteen years, they gave us pure and unforgiving love.

Men? They can be absolute bar stewards when it comes to harmless animals...
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 06:07 PM

Aw, those kittens were lucky to be loved and cared for by you.

(And sadly it is not just men that can be bar stewards in relation to animals…)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2015, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
When I first saw a photo of the man in my life I was struck by how alert and intelligent he looked. When I met him, he was such a happy chappy. We went for a walk together and I was smitten. Then I saw the love in his eyes, but he was looking at another woman
But I managed to part them from each other, brazen hussy that I was…
He still has all the traits that I loved, but the love in his eyes is now for me.

And I think by now he may have forgotten his life at the dog rescue shelter.

Aah, that's lovely Ania. I thought for a minute you'd got an Adonis tucked away over there.

How old was he when you found him?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

28-08-2015, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Aah, that's lovely Ania. I thought for a minute you'd got an Adonis tucked away over there.

He was about 3 years old when he came to me.

I was disillusioned with Adonis long ago , and anyway he wasn't a patch on my Bennie!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2015, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Mups I remember when they fist met, a rakish Irish Dog he was and he swept her off her feet. They were made for each other and I’m delighted they are so happy together, long may it continue.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top