Join for free
Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 09:59 PM

Re: All gone quiet

I'll tell you myself Comfy PJ's
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...Honey will be telling us what you wear in bed next Myrtle
not so but I'd possibly mention in passing who she was in bed with
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 10:04 PM

[QUOTE=Jem;532354]He sure does, I hope he's back soon, I have some real profound points lined up for him to ponder, should keep his brain buzzing for a bit, but no better man for answers to strange questions.[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure about that bit Jem, more like no better man for strange questions and answers. Subtle difference.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
not so but I'd possibly mention in passing who she was in bed with

I WISH !!!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
People are free to come and go as they choose , I don't think we should be discussing absent members by name.

If anyone has concerns about a member they can always send them a personal message.

No harm meant Meg, just thought it seemed a while since we heard from either of them as they are regular posters normally. I thought maybe other members knew if they were away or something.

I think I'd be quite flattered if anyone said they had missed me!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I WISH !!!!
me too!!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 07:46 AM

I was on a forum once where a popular member stopped posting. A group of the members were so concerned about this that they traced her to her own home using the information she had given about herself - The name of her home town - she was a local councillor etc. They rang the council offices and soon got her home phone number.

At the time I opposed this action. I told them they were intruding on her privacy but they wouldn't have it ... In the end a row erupted and I left..

They got her back!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 09:43 AM

Now that was taking things a bit too far!

When I took a break to catch up on things, and there's a danger I could do it again, I thought it fair to say so, rather than disappearing! But I wouldn't expect strangers to locate me and contact by phone. That really was un-necessary and intrusive.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

16-09-2014, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Now that was taking things a bit too far!

When I took a break to catch up on things, and there's a danger I could do it again, I thought it fair to say so, rather than disappearing! But I wouldn't expect strangers to locate me and contact by phone. That really was un-necessary and intrusive.

Entirely agree Jazzi, that really is taking things too far.
I was only wondering about 'the two I mustn't mention' in the same way you would if you hadn't seen someone for ages. Nothing sinister or intrusive intended whatsoever and I certainly don't intend trying to track anyone down! I simply missed their posts - that's all.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I was on a forum once where a popular member stopped posting. A group of the members were so concerned about this that they traced her to her own home using the information she had given about herself - The name of her home town - she was a local councillor etc. They rang the council offices and soon got her home phone number.

At the time I opposed this action. I told them they were intruding on her privacy but they wouldn't have it ... In the end a row erupted and I left..

They got her back!
I'm with you on that one - if a person is absent for a while I pm them - although I'm not able to at present, 3 months is a long time, you can strike up a friendship way before then .....

Page 4 of 9 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top