Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 09:52 AM

Re: Security Alert Severe

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
It wouldn't surprise me if there are terrorists cells hiding out in our remote parts of the country or even disguised as ordinary folk lurking in our mists.
Things have been ignored for too long, now they're panicking us into feeling unsafe in our own country and having to be vigilant once again.
A recent worldwide research project by the Pew Research Centre found that 67% of Muslims are opposed to Islamic extremism. The worrying thing, of course, is the other 33%. In Britain we have an estimated 3,000,000 muslims. If 67% of them are opposed to Islamic extremism, that still leaves almost a million muslims who may not be. That is one hell of a fifth column.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 10:21 AM

I can see your point Mick, and I would feel a lot happier if it that number was nearer 99% instead of just 67% opposed.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
A recent worldwide research project by the Pew Research Centre found that 67% of Muslims are opposed to Islamic extremism. The worrying thing, of course, is the other 33%. In Britain we have an estimated 3,000,000 muslims. If 67% of them are opposed to Islamic extremism, that still leaves almost a million muslims who may not be. That is one hell of a fifth column.

That's worldwide.... I would think and hope that the Muslims in this country born and bred are a lot more civilised and the percentage would be a lot higher.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 11:06 AM

Now I understand what you meant. Just didn't understand it initially. I'm obliged for your clarification.

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Then allow me to elaborate, I don't think everything in politics should be about point scoring and in my opinion a terror threat should be serious enough to be apolitical. Therefore to try to assert that the statement by the prime minister was for his personal benefit rather that that of the country as a whole I felt was "beyond ridiculous".

I'm amazed you didn't understand that...
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
That's worldwide.... I would think and hope that the Muslims in this country born and bred are a lot more civilised and the percentage would be a lot higher.
Like the guy who cut Foley's head off, or the two guys who slaughtered Lee Rigby you mean?
Seriously though, I really hope that you are right. If you are not, we are in deep doodoo!
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Like the guy who cut Foley's head off, or the two guys who slaughtered Lee Rigby you mean?
Seriously though, I really hope that you are right. If you are not, we are in deep doodoo!
They beheaded another American journalist yesterday. 31 year old Steve Sotloff. They are saying a British Citizen is next on the list.. ******is his name..

Considering that it is estimated that more than 600 British citizens have signed up to fight with ISIS.. I believe that there is some real cause for concern there.

I believe that 100 US citizens have been identified as having joined..

What to do... What to do?????
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 02:54 PM

9/11 coming up .
Lets hope theres no attack next week.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 03:51 PM

Well I for one am hoping we, and that includes our allies are going to go kick some serious BUTT over there.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top