Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 12:15 PM

Re: Xmas presents

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Looks like you have a sweet tooth Bruce yum I like licorice...
They haven't been touched, I'm not that keen on the lollies to be honest and they will either last a long time or I will give most away but yes, I do like liquorice.

Took the tree and all the Christmas decorations down today so the house is back to normal ready for New Year.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2012, 05:07 PM

Ah a man after my own heart then, mine are down as well they did well this year usually down Boxing day. Happy New Year to you.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Pants is a Americanism for trousers. Your just speaking a different language Lynne
I have a very nice Ipod Shuffle for my music when I am travelling, which I do often. So I now have 2 MP3 players and the Shuffle so hours of music which I love. I also got a new headset as I broke my other one for listening on Skype, I bought a new one and it was the wrong one. Keeps falling off my ears, probably because they are not exceptionally large
So now have a lovely set. Bottles of wine chocs and bingo money so
I am happy. Hope everyone else got some nice things too.
p.s. Two posts came on whilst I was typing.
About the sweeties or spice as we say in Yorkshire.
You can buy some golden oldie sweets at Sainsburys on their childrens sweet stall. Also there is a great place on line called BritishCandy.com and its full of retro sweets as they call them nowadays. Its a great site for sweeties and nostalgia. Try it laugh.
Pants is also Lancashire for trousers, lass. Lynne isn't in America; she's in Lancashire as her profile shows but, I must admit, I do call them trousers rather than pants.

You say - as we say in Yorkshire - but your profile shows you're in Nottinghamshire.
Atteq
New Member!
UK
Atteq is female 

29-12-2012, 06:12 PM

The Christmas pressies I received ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous. They were FANTASTIC and carefully chosen to suit a person like me, who is a paid up member of Senility R Us!
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
commonly know as fruit salads and black jacks ...you could buy 4 for a penny ( an old penny that is )
Of course, I remember buying 4 for 1d. But I can't remember using 1/4d as legal tender though. Although I suppose I may have done because I would have been twelve before they were taken out of circulation.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 09:19 PM

I got gifts of clothes, perfume and chocs.
I love getting gifts.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2012, 10:19 PM

Meg, what a lovely gift - a car. I have a traditional present from my son, a Wasgij jigsaw. He knows I love them and I do look forward to it.
Perfume, a raspberry coloured blouse, slippers and a fold up bag - rather snazzy - from my eldest grandaughter.
I also got a bright pink nail varnish - my middle grandaughter coveted it - she is wearing it home.
I remember gob-stoppers Geoff, you had to take them out of your mouth in school and they either got stuck in your pocket or in your hanky. I can't remember how long they lasted I used to love the sherbert, that you sucked up a liquorice tube.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2012, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Meg, what a lovely gift - a car. I have a traditional present from my son, a Wasgij jigsaw. He knows I love them and I do look forward to it.
Perfume, a raspberry coloured blouse, slippers and a fold up bag - rather snazzy - from my eldest grandaughter.
I also got a bright pink nail varnish - my middle grandaughter coveted it - she is wearing it home.
I remember gob-stoppers Geoff, you had to take them out of your mouth in school and they either got stuck in your pocket or in your hanky. I can't remember how long they lasted I used to love the sherbert, that you sucked up a liquorice tube.
Jan darlin' - do you remember the 'everlasting strips'???

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top