Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 07:14 PM

Re: Public loo's

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Perhaps we should all carry these http://www.shewee.com/
Good grief !
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
always very smelly places they are no loss as far as I'm concerned,
That is my memory of them from when I was a young child (along with my mother's warnings about not touching anything at all in there) - the smell as you walked in used to be hideous; it's why, to this day, I cannot and will not use the word 'lavatory' because it immediately conjures up that awful smell (the signs always said 'public lavatories').
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 11:49 AM

See ben-varrey, here in Wales you would not have had that problem as ours are always clean and well kept. In fact some of them still have a permanent attendant, sitting in her little cubby hole and who regularly throughout the day sweeps and mops the floors, cleans the loos, and ensures there are always 'rim blocks' and air-fresheners, ensuring that our public lavatories are always clean and sweet smelling. Failing someone 'in situ' there are cleaners who rotate through the various loos on their route keeping them clean.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 11:57 AM

I cannot and will not use the word 'lavatory' because it immediately conjures up that awful smell (the signs always said 'public lavatories').
Snap!, It's a word I detest and never use either Karen.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
See ben-varrey, here in Wales you would not have had that problem as ours are always clean and well kept. In fact some of them still have a permanent attendant, sitting in her little cubby hole and who regularly throughout the day sweeps and mops the floors, cleans the loos, and ensures there are always 'rim blocks' and air-fresheners, ensuring that our public lavatories are always clean and sweet smelling. Failing someone 'in situ' there are cleaners who rotate through the various loos on their route keeping them clean.
It's like that here Daisy - they're kept spotlessly clean as well (still won't use them unless I have to!). Those I described go back to when I was a very young child - and they were dire in the city centre
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

07-09-2013, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Snap!, It's a word I detest and never use either Karen.
isn't it odd the things people find out they have in common!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2013, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Perhaps we should all carry these http://www.shewee.com/
*whispers* I've got this, actually have two. Managed to persuade my practice nurse to get them on prescription, saying I was going on a coach holiday around NZ and worried about there being no loos etc. Needn't have worried. But blimey, trying to find a pharmacist that would order it. You wouldn't believe the trouble I had.

But yes, they do work!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top