Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2010, 05:27 PM

Re: Devastating News About My Lovely Sadie

I'm so sorry to read this.

Its never easy to lose a friend but I know from the tone of your message that you will know when the time is right and that you will do the right thing.

Gentle (((hugs))) for your sweet little girl and also for you.

Fay x
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2010, 07:16 PM

Thank you all for your lovely comments.

Sadie remains comfortable. She goes out for short walks and is alert and seemingly quite happy. Her appetite is quite poor, and she has to be tempted to eat most days. Some days she tucks in, and you think "Hooray, that's something she likes", and then you give it to her again, and she looks at it and then up at you and with her eyes she says:"Oh no, I never, never eat things like that!* That's when I walk out of the room and bang my head on the wall!!

But on the whole, she is OK for the moment.
bongolier
New Member!
bongolier is male 

29-03-2010, 08:37 AM

Hi Wanda,

Our Molly won't eat so we have resorted to assisted feeding. What this means is preparing very easily eaten food (liquidised), and then feeding her through a soft plastic pipette.

Like these here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pack-10-plas.../dp/B000NNTS9S

We feed her yoghurt, soup and baby food - that sort of thing. Molly is still enjoying life and every minute extra is like a gift.

It is up to you but you can try it - if you feel it is right for Sadie.

All the best
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2010, 01:29 PM

You give her love and do the best you can for her, just be brave when its time to let her go. We had to let our old dog go last year,my heart goes out to you. xx
Wanda
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2010, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by bongolier ->
Hi Wanda,

Our Molly won't eat so we have resorted to assisted feeding. What this means is preparing very easily eaten food (liquidised), and then feeding her through a soft plastic pipette.

Like these here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pack-10-plas.../dp/B000NNTS9S

We feed her yoghurt, soup and baby food - that sort of thing. Molly is still enjoying life and every minute extra is like a gift.

It is up to you but you can try it - if you feel it is right for Sadie.

All the best

At the moment she is still eating solids, it's just a matter of finding what she likes at that moment in time. Currently it is cooked chicken/turkey breast (!!!), and I give her a spoonful of natural probiotic yoghurt with it every day. Some days she will have sardines, some days she likes scrambled egg, or a little raw beef mince (lean, of course!!!), next day she likes her mince cooked! Sometimes it is only a particular flavour of canned dog meat that will do, another time it is kibble. Next day - she will only eat what I am eating!

And so we go on...........
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2010, 09:27 PM

Hi Wanda, its good news that Sadie is still doing ok-even if she is being picky with her food-but what does it matter what she eats, so long as she eats......Must be difficult for you though having to keep thinking of what you can tempt her with, but at least from what you say she still has a quality of life. Hoping that will continue for some time to come. Good luck.
Wanda

02-04-2010, 09:46 PM

Oh yes, she does have a good quality of life. She went for her check up at the vets on Tuesday, and he was very pleased with her. She hadn't lost any weight, her eyes are bright, her coat is shiny and her tail is waggy!

She goes out for a walk twice a day, one short walk and one longer one. For example, today we went to Lyme Park (big National Trust park near us), and she bounced around for nearly an hour. She loves it there.

So her quality of life is good, and unless you knew, just looking at her you would never know how ill she is.

I'm keeping everything crossed that it continues as long as possible.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2010, 08:26 PM

Sadie really sounds a wonderful girl and you were so lucky to find each other her start to life was not a good one but she sounds as if she has had a wonderful time with you... Long may it continue...I will be thinking of you ... kisses for Sadie... Sue
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2010, 09:37 PM

Wanda - Let us hope that she continues to enjoy her life with you. One can never be certain when that might change but I'm sure you'll know when she's had enough. Such a delightful dog from all that you've written about her.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2010, 02:35 PM

Oh with your love she is fighting and I hope she is with you for a long time to come. You are brilliant coping with it all and it must be so heartbreaking for you. She is doing this all for the love of you and long may it continue.

Thinking about her and you. Chin up.

Hugs all round.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top