Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2011, 01:11 PM

Re: Labrador Nose Bleeds

I am so sorry to hear your Zack is declining. It can be a dilemma knowing how much pain a dog is actually suffering, especially breeds like labs. and retrievers - they seem to have quite a high pain threshold and carry on regardless, but I think you will know when enough is enough - he will tell you in his own way.
Two weeks ago I had to say goodbye to my remaining flatcoat (the last one left from my gang of three). She had developed bone cancer in the knee of her back leg. After x-rays the vet said that amputation was the only option, which could possibly only give her another few months. I could not put her through that and decided it was best she didn't come round from the anaesthetic. I felt that it was better she suffered as little pain as possible - she might have had a little longer without surgery, but I would not have wanted her to hang on just to give me a bit more time with her.
It is often said, but it is the final kindness we can do for our animals to have the courage to release them, letting them go gently when the time comes.
Once again, I'm so sorry and its not much help to say I know exactly how you must be feeling.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2011, 02:16 PM

I am so sorry to read your sad news about Zack, Barry and I feel sure you will do whatever is best for him.

Thinking of you both...
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2011, 06:37 PM

Poor Zack, and poor you, you will know when the time is right and its a terrible thing to bear, My heart goes out to you, Annie.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2011, 09:20 PM

So sorry to hear that Zack is so poorly my thoughts are with you all ...
Thinking of you
Sue
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2011, 09:22 PM

I don't usually find myself in the pets section (I don't know enough about pets), but I have to say I'm sorry to hear about Zack Barry, I have a black Lab called Bengi and he is on his last legs, he has been with us for 14 years and we all love him to bits, we didn't think he would make it through the severe Winter but when the good weather came he livened up a lot and started prancing around again, well not exactly, sort of moving a bit faster if you know what I mean. He is not suffering in any way, but if he looks like he's throwing in the towel come Winter I will have to take him to the Vet for the last time, we all talked about this in the Family and we all agreed, he has been a great pal to us and we don't want him to suffer, the Grandkids idolize him.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2011, 09:30 PM

So sorry Barry, to hear this news, and am sure when the time is right you will make the right decision for Zack.

Thoughts are with you.....
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2011, 12:06 PM

How is Zack today Barry? Only you will know if it is his time yet and he will trust you to make the right decision for him, whether that's soon or maybe in a year's time? I've had to make that decision twice recently so know how you must be feeling. Take good care of yourself, I know you will be already doing the same for Zack. xx
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2011, 04:46 PM

I'm so sorry at your news. Like so many it's a decision I've had to make, and hard as it is, it's the last gift of love we can give our beloved companion, freedom from pain. But never easy .... thinking of you and Zack.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2011, 04:54 PM

Hi Barry, sorry to hear about Zack and sorry I missed this thread.

I know exactly what you are going through as we are going through the same thing with Rocky, and as you might have seen we opted not to go with the 'experimental' chemo either.

Thinking of you all, and big hugs for Zack.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2011, 06:13 PM

Obituary for Zack

Hi everyone, just a short note to let you know that we had Zack put to sleep this afternoon after his condition worsened until we couldn't control the bleeding and he was terribly distressed.

Zack was a beautiful, noble animal, a true joy to have around and a true and faithful friend. We have been honoured to love and care for him these last ten years, we will miss him terribly but will remember him always with great affection.

On behalf of myself, my wife and Zack may I say many thanks to everyone who have sent their prayers and good wishes.

Many thanks, Barry

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top