Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 04:34 PM

Re: Danny Dyer: all round diamond geezer or.....

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Spot on, the world is full of Walts.
The worst exhibition I ever saw was many years ago in a pub and there was a group of Red Arrows pilots and crew drunk as skunks and swearing with every obscenity I have ever heard...I was disgusted !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 05:24 PM

I am really surprised Mal I used to know a few pilots and they were in the main extremely courteous men.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am really surprised Mal I used to know a few pilots and they were in the main extremely courteous men.
I spent most of my working life in the Aircraft Industry and knew plenty of pilots and ground crew and that's what made it all the more surprising.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I spent most of my working life in the Aircraft Industry and knew plenty of pilots and ground crew and that's what made it all the more surprising.
Reminds me of an experience about 30 years ago. A friend of mine who was in the Marines, arranged for me to take part in a parachute jumping weekend at the Joint Services Parachute Display Team HQ at Netheravon on Salisbury Plain. We (the civilian participants) arrived at 7pm and were given a pep talk by the Colonel in charge of the centre. "While you are welcome to use all our facilities", he said, "Including the bar, please bear in mind that parachute jumping and alcohol don't mix." With that advice in mind we all went straight to the bar, only to discover that the entire Joint Services Display Team (including my friend) were already at least three sheets to the wind (at 8pm).
Needless to say, we joined in..............

Nevertheless it was a successful weekend - the only injury being to one of the Joint Services team who inadvertently landed on a cow and broke his ankle! The cow was uninjured!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2016, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Not during interviews on chat shows where they're encouraged to be themselves(eg Jonathan Ross)or adult themed quiz shows(?) like Keith Lemon.

Whenever Danny Dyer is a guest his language is atrocious. I'm no prude and hear bad language all day, but it stops as soon as we leave site. Mr Dyer on the other hand doesn't have the respect needed to know when it's not appropriate.

And he uses the C word, one swear word I detest,
and regularly.

That's more than disgusting Tpin, I agree. No need for language like that.
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The big hard man stuff amuses me.

The most dangerous man I know is a scrawny thing, a permanent smile on his face and extremely likeable.

He is ex special forces.
I thoroughly agree.
I attended a course where there were two serving SAS soldiers giving us tips.
Physically you wouldn't look twice at them but their eyes and body language personified evil, in a good way of course.
They asked for volunteers to punch them.
Suddenly we all became pacifists!
Utmost respect to all our armed services.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 01:24 PM

I avoid anything he is in, he ruins chat shows with his crudity.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 02:38 PM

I can't stick him, he is uncouth and so full of himself. He tries to be such a hardcase!
I wonder if he will marry his girlfriend after she proposed to him?! Well, she's has waited 20 years!
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2016, 03:44 PM

I always get the impression that Danny Dyer is a bit of a smarmy slob. I haven't seen any program where he is an invited guest, though, so I've no idea what his every-day language is like. He is not my idea of a 'hard' man though, and I expect he can be very 'up himself' when off the set of Eastenders.

People who swear all the time just demonstrate their inability to find decent words when they are stringing a sentence together.

We all swear, I am sure, on occasion of extreme stress, and there are some occasions when a vehemently expressed obscenity is the only word to demonstrate your emotion at the time ! But to use the 'F' word every other word shows a distinct lack of good manners and decency.

Ere, hark at this damn hoity toity owd cow !

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top