Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 08:04 PM

Re: Weather you like it or not!

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Isn't lightning Static Electricity which can only be stored in a Leyden Jar and similar to fast twitch muscles in humans, the energy is released as one large pulse of power?
Taken from free-energy-info.co.uk:

"Tesla described two different forms of energy pick-up. The first is static electricity, picked up from very slight interaction of the pick-up plate with the zero-point energy field flowing through it, and the other being pick-up of dynamic radiant energy events, typically from lightning strikes. At a casual glance, the average person would not consider lightning as being a viable source of energy, but this is not the case as there are about two hundred lightning strikes per second - mainly in the tropics - and what is generally not understood is that they are radiant energy events and their effects are felt instantly everywhere on earth as transmissions through the zero-point energy field are instantaneous at any distance"

This is Tesla's setup for radiant energy power:

This system of Tesla’s picks up energy day and night. The capacitor gets charged up and a vibrating switch repeatedly discharges the capacitor into the step-down transformer. The transformer lowers the voltage and raises the current available and the output is then used to power the electrical load.

It seems probable that this device operates primarily from static electricity, which some people believe is a manifestation of the zero-point energy field.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 08:49 PM

Isn't it strange that we are discussing 'Tesla' and TessA started the topic!
And on a sadder note, isn't it strange that several people have been struck by lightening at several locations in Germany, I understand a few children were injured.

I wish I could have seen the spectacle that you witnessed in Africa Tess, amazing stuff.
During my fell running adventures I met some runners who had a close encounter with 'St Elmos Fire' they stopped and stared open mouthed as electric blue energy danced along the rocks in the pouring rain for several minutes. Wish I could have been there.

I very much doubt that the circuit described in the diagram would work Realist.
No successful method of harnessing the power of lightening has been found to date.
Otherwise someone would be doing it for reward. If Tesla had discovered the secret someone else would have cracked it by now.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 09:18 PM

Chaps .. I'm finding this dead interesting.

As an aside .. Mr M sometimes gives me an electric shock.
Once I even saw a little blue spark from his finger as I went ouch.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

Don't talk to me about electric shocks Morty, sometimes as I climb out of my motor and reach back to close the door it feels like I've been Tasered.
But I have developed a system to avoid it.....By holding on to the door firmly as I step out, and by making sure it's my foot that touches the ground first, the current will discharge through my shoe....result.....harmless.

An interesting story my Science teacher used to tell us was regarding the hospitalisation of a passenger, who upon disembarking from the train he had been traveling on crossed over the line on a metal footbridge. The train pulled out of the station and proceeded under the bridge. The steam (It's been a while since I attended school) raising up past the metal footbridge caused an enormous static charge in the bridge, as soon as the bloke stepped off the bridge it was discharged through him. He woke up in hospital three days later!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2016, 10:39 PM

Hi

Lightening, static electricity etc.

All great fun, all the same thing.

A good explanation is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMZ9nN3qBMc

I have seen some truly spectacular electrical storms in the Gulf of Thailand, on one occasion I was on a boat which was lit up with St. Elmo's Fire, very weird sensation, it crackled but you didn't feel anything.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 10:14 AM

During my fell running adventures I met some runners who had a close encounter with 'St Elmos Fire' they stopped and stared open mouthed as electric blue energy danced along the rocks in the pouring rain for several minutes. Wish I could have been there.
I'm glad I wasn't; I think I'd have been a bit worried. A corona discharge, like St Elmo's fire, indicates the presence of a large electrostatic field and the distinct possibility of a lightning strike. It all depends where you're standing, of course. As long as there are taller structures around you, any discharge is more likely to be attracted to them rather than you.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2016, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This system of Tesla’s picks up energy day and night. The capacitor gets charged up and a vibrating switch repeatedly discharges the capacitor into the step-down transformer. The transformer lowers the voltage and raises the current available and the output is then used to power the electrical load.
Tesla was a very interesting man. I can't say I understand a lot of what he wrote about, and I know I'm not alone! There are stories of him successfully transmitting energy through the atmosphere from one of his famous towers, not as electric arcs but as invisible electrical fields, but I believe that no-one has been able to produce a practical system. Much, if not all, of Tesla's ideas and technical details seem to have been lost.
Stranger and stranger.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-05-2016, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

I used to do that a lot before I grew up and became slightly more responsible. I found the most amusing method was to shuffle along the carpet behind the victim and bring a finger close to her (my wife's) ear.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-05-2016, 10:41 AM

Don't talk to me about electric shocks Morty, sometimes as I climb out of my motor and reach back to close the door it feels like I've been Tasered.
But I have developed a system to avoid it.....By holding on to the door firmly as I step out, and by making sure it's my foot that touches the ground first, the current will discharge through my shoe....result.....harmless.
Having suffered such 'attacks' myself many times, I now routinely push the door closed with my hand on the glass which overcomes the problem.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-05-2016, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Having suffered such 'attacks' myself many times, I now routinely push the door closed with my hand on the glass which overcomes the problem.
Something about putting my sweaty palm on a clean window prevents me from doing that JB......It's just me..

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top