Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 07:53 AM

Re: What do you find charming ?

Have you heard the saying “you could charm the birds off the tree”

Charming to me would mean, sincere, genuine,....

Some are also very good at turning on the charm to get what they want, I think we have all done it to a degree.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Do you find Sade charming or taboos charming
The Sweetest, both, organic.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 09:14 AM

Watching an Asian gentleman, sit cross legged, blowing a Pungi, causing a Cobra to arise from a basket.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 09:20 AM

I see a man who isn't afraid to open doors for me and who would pull out a chair or give up their seat for me charming, that kind of thing. Im old school old fashioned. Yes, a man who treats a lady with much respect is definitely a charming man to me.

I feel quite sad inside when men use the f word and c word in front of me and many men especially the young men just don't have manners like they used to.

There are still some charming men left thankfully but they are definitely a dying breed.

My husband is my Prince Charming.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 09:29 AM

Scorpio and my name is Paul
You see I like all women of the world
And if you understand what I'm sayin'
I want you to
Mmm take my hand
Come with me, baby, to Love Land
Let me show you how sweet it could be
Sharing love with me
I want you to
Float, float on (so float with me, baby)
Float on, float on
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Have you heard the saying “you could charm the birds off the tree”

Charming to me would mean, sincere, genuine,....

Some are also very good at turning on the charm to get what they want, I think we have all done it to a degree.
Pauline, I'd very much like to hear an example or two of what the person is doing to be so charming.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
In movies, books etc, someone says he/she is charming. But I am curious as to what, EXACTLY, you find charming in the opposite sex? Please give an example or two.

Dictionary defines "charming" as attractive, fascinating, delightful.

My daughter's father is/was 'a charmer'. Beautiful Edinburgh accent, well spoken, very much into opening doors, letting the lady go first, very protective, excellent dancer (ballroom type), congenial, that sort of 'aura' that draws people in.
After marriage and behind closed doors he was vile. A liar, thief, violent and abusive and more.

Now with his health woes, he still brings out Mr Charming with the medical professionals and other various agencies. They think he's lovely. Suckers.

What worries me is my lovely Endocrinologist describes me as a 'charming lady' in his letters to my GP. And bizarrely, the 'allergist' (forget her proper title) I saw a few years ago wrote I was a 'charming lady' when in reality I felt I wanted to punch her lights out. Total personality clash
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Haw! well thanks Minx. Arrogant? Hmm..I know the Kiwis sometimes think we're arrogant. The smaller nations of the South Pacific definitely think we are. THese days I think the English, mostly the older ones - Young British people are great mostly in my experience - don't know whether to try to cling to some kind of notion of superiority or to be jealous. Despite their much greater size and wealth, Americans, for the most part see us as equals. Canadians and Irish seem to see us as kindred spirits in most ways and I have never met an arrogant person from either country in in my life or one that thought we were. Scottish women are invariably lovely but the men often seem to hate everybody and violence is never far beneath the surface - in my experience leastways. And South Africa?..well you are a breed on your own. Yes I have met many very arrogant South Africans but as with the Brits, they are mostly of an older generation. MOst South Africans I've met in the last couple of decades were musicians..and black. No arrogance there. Most of the Australian arrogance I've seen has been internal. State against state, city against city. For example, the Western Australians think the "Eastern Staters" , particularly Sydney people are up themselves. This is depsite the fact that they are the richest state per capita and the very epitome of a comfortable, middle class, "nothing to worry about so we'll make something up" society. What people in Perth call a "slum" is just an ordinary no frills working class suburb in Sydney or Melbourne. Melbournians never miss a chance to bucket Sydney even though they are now basically the biggest city in Australia give or take a few hundred thousand. Sydney doesn't care. ADelaide is quietly smug. Brisbane is big, brash, hot and thirsty and also doesn't care, Darwin is basically an Asian city. Canberra is too pre-occupied with itself to even think about anywhere else; and Hobart is the most beautiful and best kept secret in the country. Yes SA is great at rugby. Perhaps the equal best with NZ. But cricket.?..nah. BUt thanks so much for the bouquet. You can fling me those pretty lies all you like.
It’s definitely not lies!
Interesting insight into Australia.
I had to pull your leg about the cricket, I knew you’d bite.
Duckworth Lewis is still a swear word in SA!
South Africans can be very arrogant but I still think Americans take the cake!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 06:07 PM

Well, it certainly didn't take long to go wildly off topic.
Apparently arrogance is now the topic.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2020, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Strange indeed. Nobody at all?..OK If we were all the same it would indeed be a very un charming world. How about a list from you. See if you are correct. Could be fun. Isn't that what we're here for?

PS. I should have added:-

Sir David Attenborough
Sir Michael Parkinson
Dame Judy Dench
Dame Joan Sutherland (Dceased but still charming)
Cathy Freeman....You probably feel the same about them.
Oh..And Geoffrey Boycott.....Joke.
If I'm honest, I wasn't really sure who Margot Robbie was (I had heard of her) so I Googled her and she definitely looks charming. From the list above I would agree with Judy Dench.

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top