Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 09:28 PM

Re: Diabetes ; suitable diets

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Did I say one could?
No you didn't, I omitted this post you quoted...my apologies.

Originally Posted by Mups
This morning he was talking about type 2 diabetes because he was diagnosed with this and has got rid of it himself.
He has written a book about how/what to eat
to greatly assist diabetics.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
No you didn't, I omitted this post you quoted...my apologies.

Originally Posted by Mups
This morning he was talking about type 2 diabetes because he was diagnosed with this and has got rid of it himself.
He has written a book about how/what to eat
to greatly assist diabetics.

I also stated that Dr. Mosley said he doesn't think he is cured, he fears it could come back if he gained internal fat again in the future.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I also stated that Dr. Mosley said he doesn't think he is cured, he fears it could come back if he gained internal fat again in the future.
And he could be right Mups. So many illnesses are aggravated by body fat, and as carbs turn to fat so quickly his suggested diets could help a lot of non diabetic people. I think that what he was really saying is the advice to eat a high carb diet may have made the situation worse for many type 2 diabetics. I am type 1 and reducing carbs is certainly making a difference to my blood sugar levels.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 01:00 PM

I am slightly wary of Michael Mosely because as far as I am aware, he has never practiced as a doctor since training and makes his money from TV programmes and flogging associated books.
I have been Type 2 diabetic for a dozen years or so and my 6 monthly HbA1c results tended to be up in the 80s and 90s. Then I read a couple of books that suggested the main dietary criminal was starch rather than carbohydrate in general. I have done my best to minimise this for a year and my last two HbA1c results were 45 and 41, in other words, easily within normal limits. Plus, as a side effect, I have lost over a stone in weight. Given that the diet is not in any way a hardship (and I speak as someone who loves eating good food), why is it not pushed, with a very hard sell, at all T 2diabetics?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top