Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 07:10 PM

Re: Bye Bye IDS

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
My one wish for my children, my grandchildren and the generations that follow them is that we one day have a newly formed party worthy of being in office. One that will truly represent the people of this country and act upon it’s majority wishes. Politicians from all walks of life, not just Public School wallahs, but men and women who have actually done a hard day’s work for a day’s pay, before going into politics, and knowing that any decisions they make on our behalf are those that if still working or once claiming benefits, how it would have affected themselves if they were still in their jobs or having to claim.
Well said. That is what I would wish for too.

I'm afraid I can't see it happening, though. Not as long as the present situation prevails, where the establishment looks after the establishment and perhaps condescends to pay some lip service to the masses only in order to ensure they remain in their jobs.

No, the system of party politics is not going to change, or I very much doubt it. They'll look after themselves.

Perhaps I'm being naive, but if MPs were elected individually and, once in parliament, could vote wherever their consciences led them - no pressures from their party leaders or whips - we might have a more public-led system of government.

I'm dreaming, of course!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 07:21 PM

Hi

Switzerland is the nearest to a direct democracy and it seems to work, it is a very prosperous country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Switzerland

I personally am fed up with our system, two main parties who lie to get elected.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well said. That is what I would wish for too.

I'm afraid I can't see it happening, though. Not as long as the present situation prevails, where the establishment looks after the establishment and perhaps condescends to pay some lip service to the masses only in order to ensure they remain in their jobs.

No, the system of party politics is not going to change, or I very much doubt it. They'll look after themselves.

Perhaps I'm being naive, but if MPs were elected individually and, once in parliament, could vote wherever their consciences led them - no pressures from their party leaders or whips - we might have a more public-led system of government.

I'm dreaming, of course!

Not necessarily. Instead of, as at present MPs are REPRESENTATIVES and can vote according to the party whips, we turn them into DELEGATES and mandate them to vote according to the wishes of the majority of their constituents - this is one of the reforms of parliament I have been advocating for some years.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 07:38 PM

He is an out and out hypocrite, only thinking about himself, typical Tory arseole.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
He is an out and out hypocrite, only thinking about himself, typical Tory arseole.
Hi

Your posts add so so much to reasoned discussion.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I'm dreaming, of course!
JBR I suggested something similar a while ago on here, to do away with party politics and to have independent representatives (MP's) for each area.

Once elected the MPs could put themselves forward to represent a 'sector' eg health, defense, the economy etc with a certain quota of MPs for each. The 'sector' MPs would individually formulate and propose a number of policies on which all the MPs would vote with the best proposals being adopted. .

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...938#post646938
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Your posts add so so much to reasoned discussion.
Another one of Purwell's purile posts - can't even spell arsehole properly
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
It annoys the shit out of you does it??
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 10:03 PM

A good enema then?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2016, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I wonder if he can spell puerile, though?

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top