Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 10:48 AM

Re: Solar Eclipse

Thank you Alan great photo ,
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 10:51 AM

It was very dull here but has brightened up a good bit. Great pic Alan.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 10:54 AM

A great picture Alan. A break in the cloud allowed us to get a glimpse on the East Yorkshire coast.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 11:16 AM

Excellent photo Alan. I did notice the pigeons were more vocal! But though it got a bit dark here in London (all cars had headlights on when I walked up the road to get my paper) I didn't really think there was anything going on! I expected it to get pitch black. But we had so much cloud we couldn't view the eclipse. Very sad.

Glad most got to see it.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 11:19 AM

I saw it!! There was light cloud so I could actually look at it! It went gloomy rather than dark and the blackbirds did seem agitated. It amazes me how the moon looks to be the same size as the sun when it passes across. What a wonderful natural world!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 11:28 AM

Its been sunshine all morning here so managed to see it all.
Had to laugh at the Crows they were squawking when it started
going darker.
Bet they thought it was a quick day
Everything is normal outside now and the Sun is now being covered
by some cloud so great that we managed to have clear skies for it.
Sorry for all who missed it as it wont happen here for another 86 years
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 11:57 AM

Fantastic Photo Alan.
Was just having a shave here in Doncaster, when it grew dark, it started earlier than I expected, dashed outside, and although there was some thin cloud you could see it clearly.
I left it a bit late to take a photo and the sun was already starting to grow brighter, so even with my sunglasses filtering the lens it didn't come out very good. I'll be better prepared for the next one......
If I was a religious person, I'd say we experienced something quite 'Biblical' it's quite easy to see how they might have attributed it to something more supernatural in the old days. Thank God for science.......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Great display here!
Leave it to Cork to get anything that's going for free.
Well the rain stopped at about 8.30am but then a heavy mist covered the sky, I was in the Post Office at the time it was supposed to happen and I was very disappointed, all that happened was it got a bit dark, as if there was going to be a heavy shower of rain. Spectacular! Fantastic! Wonderful! my backside, all I heard was one old lady behind me in the Q say, “It’s gone a bit dark hasn’t it?” What a flop here in Dublin.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 12:10 PM

Light / medium cloud cover here in N.Aberdeenshire. This wasn't too bad as you could see the sun without being dazzled. An interesting, rather than a spectacular event.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2015, 12:14 PM

Here in Milton Keynes it was better than the last one we saw on the way back from a stay in North Yorkshire.

For some reason though I felt apprehensive this time as the sun disappeared.

Very odd and I felt something major was on its way?

Probably just me.......stevmk2

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top