Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 03:00 PM

Re: Stupid Boris

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Doesn't say a lot for free speech though does it.
Whose free speech are you concerned with here?

If it's Boris's then surely as a statesman he has to temper freedom of speech with diplomacy?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Doesn't say a lot for free speech though does it.
Iran doesn't exactly have free speech, that's who he should be mindful about when talking in this case.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well the lady in Iranian prison really has no chance with the tories in government, gove has now said he didn't know what she was doing there as if he suspected it wasn't a holiday. Quickly tried to backtrack but once it's out there it's too late.
That might be a bit of mis-representation, Julie. Clip of his interview this morning, asked about was she on holiday in Iran. He said he didn't know. When asked again about her husband saying they were on holiday, he agreed that must have been the reason.

If we try to understand that unless Gove has concrete evidence (or any other person for that matter) that she was only there for a holiday, he / they cannot say factually until proven or unproven. So he did respond correctly. If as in another thread he had agreed she was only there on holiday due to consequential evidence , if she turned out to be a terrorist , all hell would have erupted.

Sorry to take so many words to explain, but most posts I make are mis -interpreted by many , as without absolutely minute explanations, people take on different interpretations according to their agendas or because previous posts by others have either have not been read or not taken on board. as part of a discussion and have been forgotten about.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 04:26 PM

I understand that but with the case in the news you'd imagine he would be ready to say it was a holiday whether it was or not.

I was reading news paper didn't see it live btw so may have got their opinion rather than his words if that makes sense.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 06:57 PM

I understand that but with the case in the news you'd imagine he would be ready to say it was a holiday whether it was or not.

I was reading news paper didn't see it live btw so may have got their opinion rather than his words if that makes sense.
I should imagine in certain circumstances they will wait for someone else to put words in their mouths first. Safety .

Anyway, I was just reading about her charges printed on the 9th October. At that point she was facing more new charges. which could increase her sentence to 16yrs. Accused of plotting to overthrow Iran's clerical establishment ,initially.

To be honest I hadn't really taken much notice of this case until now. Dreadful !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...e-faces-extra/
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 07:11 PM

Most are assuming she is innocent.....how do we know she isn't MI5/6?

Going to Iran for a holiday?

Is she feckin mad
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 08:07 PM

Iran doesn't exactly have free speech, that's who he should be mindful about when talking in this case.
No they don't but do we need to behave in the same way as Iran. It's come to something when, on a day people are remembering men and women who laid down there live for their country, here we are berating our politicians and suggesting they bow and scrape to a regime who sponsor terrorism and wrong full imprisonment. We're becoming a nation of cowards.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 08:18 PM

Not the best correlation to drag in those who lost their lives in the wars.

Does that mean you admire the Trumps of the world then? Those who manage to provoke people and so possibly wars? I do see a similarity sometimes between Trump and Boris ... both with facial cavities bigger than their brains.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

12-11-2017, 08:29 PM

Realist to get her out I'd say kiss their feet, attacking them won't help her we need if we are serious to bow and scrape as much as we need. Get mad about when she's back with her child.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Most are assuming she is innocent.....how do we know she isn't MI5/6?

Going to Iran for a holiday?

Is she feckin mad
Her parents live there .

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top