Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 11:51 AM

Re: 10 Pet Requests

Nice one Maryl, glad to see you smiling.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 02:05 PM

Shame about Jenny, Mary You sound like you have such a lot of love to give an unfortunate dog, too....

Just a thought ....... while building the kennel as a 'dog house', transfer some dog biscuits into the biscuit tin to replace the Hobnobs!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 02:09 PM

Good idea Mags, mind you the way I feel about him today even dog biscuits are too good for him!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Good idea Mags, mind you the way I feel about him today even dog biscuits are too good for him!
What a shame, I hope you'll be able to win him round
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 03:06 PM

Maryl... get rid of the husband.... they are hard work.... Take him to where Jenny Is and ask for an exchange. Bloody men.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 03:30 PM

If only Annie ...... don't think it hasn't crossed my mind! I started yoga this year and we're taught to 'do no harm'. Finding it very difficult to keep to that today
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Maryl... get rid of the husband.... they are hard work.... Take him to where Jenny Is and ask for an exchange. Bloody men.
and then when they say they can't find a home for him because he is moody, and they might have to put him to sleep, explain that Jenny says she won't share you with him and so you can't have him back.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 06:03 PM

Oh yes Cate... I wonder if we could send them to that Island in Greece... then burn the boat!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2011, 08:35 PM

Don't give up hope Maryl. Maybe it wasn't meant to be that Jenny came to you - at least she's in a foster home, so much better than a rescue centre at her age. Your day will come and hopefully soon - just keep wearing hubby down and maybe he'll give in sooner rather than later!
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

02-07-2011, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
A PET'S TEN Requests

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10 On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

~Take a moment today to be thankful for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without our much loved critters.

~Now please pass this on to other pet owners. We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!

OMFG ! ! !

I cried sooooo much when I read that ........... I love my Dogs to bits and talk to them and cuddle them all the time but they got extra cuddles when I read that ........... Thanks for posting Kate and be assured it will be passed on x x x x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Originally Posted by maryl ->
Yes Azz, Cate's a real gem for stepping in to help those dogs and owners out, don't know if I could give them back though.
Back to Jenny ...... husband came home early at 4pm, instead of 6pm! I was a bit put out and not prepared and instead of biding my time, blurted out 'Jenny's still there you know ......' He went 'Right OK' and went straight down to his shed. I've popped down there with his cup of tea and he's still there. Why oh why didn't I just let him get in from work first, relax a bit, then bring it up later on ........... blast it!

Oh dear Maryl , your Hubby sounds like a complete $hit

Get rid girl and get a Dog instead

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top