Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 06:25 PM

Re: Boris

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I thought you had to get permission from the Pope, if you are divorced?
Apparently, in the eyes of the Roman Catholic Church, BJ has never been married .....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Cathedral.html

Catherine Pepinster, Catholic author and broadcaster, explained that as Boris Johnson was himself baptised a Catholic but married previously in non-Catholic settings, the church did not recognise his previous marriages.

She said: 'As far as the Church is concerned, this is his first marriage.

'They don't need to be annulled. They didn't happen, according to Roman Catholic canon law.'
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 06:26 PM

congrats to Boris and Carrie, she looked beautiful, she really is a lovely looking woman. I hope they have a very happy life together
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 07:26 PM

Westminster Cathedral: highly recommended, there's a McDonalds next door, five minutes walk from the HoP. No queueing, no entry fee, a good place for the aged photographer to rest up.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qfmmhZd6QdkP6ife7
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Westminster Cathedral: highly recommended, there's a McDonalds next door, five minutes walk from the HoP. No queueing, no entry fee, a good place for the aged photographer to rest up.

The Byzantine cathedral is too "Eastern" for my taste - I'd feel more comfortable in a McDonalds .....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Symonds is Catholic Boris is now Anglican (was once Catholic but changed faith). Symonds is not divorced as far as I know. If you are Catholic and the other partner has a different faith then I think you can marry providing you promise to bring children up in the Catholic faith. They don't recognise his marriages as valid as they were not Catholic marriages. Apparently though according to reports Boris has returned to his Catholic faith. Their child was baptised Catholic. I'm very surprised to learn all this.
It sounds as bad as Henry VIII's convoluted attempts to cast off his earlier wives.
If the first 2 marriages were not valid does that mean his others kids are seen as bastards by the Roman Catholics, and more importantly if Carrie and he are now Catholic, .... does Boris see his other kids as illegitimate?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Probably just did it to divert from all the hoo hah recently.
In that case, doing it in secret was probably not the best strategy.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 10:38 PM

Speaking of royal toffs ... I've just had a thought.

I bet Charles is peeved at the jiggery pokery and hairsplitting. He had to slum it when he wed Camilla.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->

I don't know what the architect was thinking, but the Duomo it's not.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
In that case, doing it in secret was probably not the best strategy.
not much of a secret though. But has taken twitter over with talks of morality and Catholic rules.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2021, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm really shocked at you Tabby for saying that!!
I am shocked at his hypocrisy - he has criticized others for having children out of wedlock. Another case of one rule for him and another for everyone else.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top