Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2014, 06:51 PM

Re: A good clear out

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Well, I did the cupboard under the sink, and my wooden storage (wot I made), and am pleased with the result. I used my grabber to reach to the back and pulled out 100s of carrier/plastic bags!

And an old sodastream maker. Put that with all the fly tipped stuff in our bin shed area, but chucked out black bags of rubbish properly.

Apart from numerous boxes of water softener for the w/machine, and old cans/bottles of household cleaning stuff, I pulled out a brand new large frying pan with a glass lid. Good enough to try and sell.

Just having lunch and a cuppa and contemplating my next move. Back down to PC World, to see what's up, or see if Currys is open yet? Hmmmmm
Well done Jazzi! You've done so well. It's a good feeling. I'm not emptying drawers in the lounge and the amount of rubbish I've collected is beyond a joke. All that paperwork. Why was I keeping it? I might add it's all over the floor and the place resembles a tip. I'm having a wee rest for now.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 12:06 AM

I cleared out the store cupboard day and checked all the dates on the herbs and spices
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 02:15 AM

I clear out my husband drawers ...
He went and dirty them all again .....
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 12:04 PM

Medicine cabinet was horrifying a year back with all manner of out-of-date stuff that had been started and never finished. Food I have to be quite strict with since we downsized as our kitchen is very tiny and no spare space. When we downsized we got rid of a lot of furniture and books. I am about to embark on book thinning Mark 100 or so. Replaced lots of dusty paperbacks with kindle editions, offloaded some onto daughter and sold what I could through Amazon then gave about a couple of thousand to charity shops. But the numbers are creeping up again, space is at a premium so I have to be ruthless (this is always a dodgy exercise as I can end up buying them back again...)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 01:14 PM

Rose you definitely have to be ruthless. Or you'd end up keeping everything. I can't believe the bags I've filled so far. I'm also getting stuff chucked out that I still have from my married life. I want to start afresh with everything. May sound silly, but I'm in that sort of mood! I feel I'm going through a process at the moment.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

02-12-2014, 07:10 PM

Came home from work and , oh my goodness, the difference my son has made it unbelievable. The spare bedroom (his temporarily) looked lovely and had the umpteen bin bags to prove it
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2014, 07:12 PM

When you've all done can you come and do my wardrobes I just can't get motivated.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

02-12-2014, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
When you've all done can you come and do my wardrobes I just can't get motivated.
Gabi, for some reason unknown to me, I've taken a spurt of energy and want to get my place in order. Maybe I'm getting ready for the knacker's yard . At least the place will be tidy

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top