Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2016, 08:15 PM

Re: This is just sick !

I think you are being a bit generous there Pumicestone. Looking at the X-ray it must have been something like a 6" nail - do they have nail guns with a capacity for 6" nails? Pretty dangerous weapon to carry around IMO.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2016, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I think you are being a bit generous there Pumicestone. Looking at the X-ray it must have been something like a 6" nail - do they have nail guns with a capacity for 6" nails? Pretty dangerous weapon to carry around IMO.

You beat me to it Aerolor.
By the look of that x-ray, any nail that went from between that dog's eyes, then right through it skull, then on down its entire throat must have been at least 6" long, and bashed in with a hammer.
That dog must have been severely restrained and screaming in agony. Someone must have heard it surely.

I also completely agree with your post, Aerolor, as I do Silver Tabby's.
I am sure an animal would feel his life every bit as sacred to him as a human does about their own life, and to dismiss the incident as "unfortunate" is madness, arrogant, and devoid of normal feelings.
Same applies to those who think animals are only here for humans to use. Disgusting comments.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 01:12 AM

Yes, I concede that the 'nail gun' theory is unlikely but I know nothing of such things.
Never seen a nail gun
(but I have heard of their projectiles passing through a worker's 'hard hat').

Anyway, to beat the old drum, it still seems ironic to me that so many will rightfully bewail this poor dog's suffering - hopefully a rare occurrence-
but not give a rat's if their cat leaves dozens of birds and small creatures to suffer and die over hours (or days) many times during the course of a year.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 04:09 PM

Pumicestone said
"but not give a rat's if their cat leaves dozens of birds and small creatures to suffer and die over hours (or days) many times during the course of a year".

Thing is Pumicestone a cat is doing what comes naturally. It's behaviour is instinctive and hunting/killing small creatures is is hardwired. It may seem the cat is torturing/tormenting it's prey by "playing" with it's food - not immediately killing it, but in reality it is honing/practicing it's skills. A mother cat will bring a live mouse it has caught to its kits so they can practice their skills - it is natural and essential for their survival - it is not deliberately cruel.
The evil creatures who tortured the dog had no need to do what they did and I doubt it was an instinctive act.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by aerolor ->
pumicestone said
"but not give a rat's if their cat leaves dozens of birds and small creatures to suffer and die over hours (or days) many times during the course of a year".

thing is pumicestone a cat is doing what comes naturally. It's behaviour is instinctive and hunting/killing small creatures is is hardwired. It may seem the cat is torturing/tormenting it's prey by "playing" with it's food - not immediately killing it, but in reality it is honing/practicing it's skills. A mother cat will bring a live mouse it has caught to its kits so they can practice their skills - it is natural and essential for their survival - it is not deliberately cruel.
The evil creatures who tortured the dog had no need to do what they did and i doubt it was an instinctive act.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 06:19 PM

Think you are all missing it.

The most these scum bags can get is 6 months jail time.

Activists have been campagine for years to get Jail time form this sort of thing increased...in some States in America you could get 10 years

Weather its a nail gun or a nailed hamended in by a hammer makes no differance
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2016, 07:34 PM

All I can say is that I hope somebody is waiting for them when they come out, assuming of course that they even get sent to jail.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2016, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
.... Thing is Pumicestone a cat is doing what comes naturally.
It's behaviour is instinctive and hunting/killing small creatures is hardwired.
It may seem the cat is torturing/tormenting it's prey by "playing" with it's food - not immediately killing it ......
Dead right, Aero. And of course, I don't blame the cats.
When I find beautiful, native, rainbow lorrikeets or pale-headed rosellas ripped to shreds in my backyard, however,
I do blame cat-owners for letting their foreign, introduced predators roam.
Local fauna have no "instinctive" defence against these alien vermin.

If an escaped lion got loose in a schoolyard, would you just say "oh well, it's instinctive, hunting/killing, hardwired" etc ?
Or, after shooting the bloody thing, would you not go after the person responsible for placing children at risk ?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

25-10-2016, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Dead right, Aero. And of course, I don't blame the cats.
When I find beautiful, native, rainbow lorrikeets or pale-headed rosellas ripped to shreds in my backyard, however,
I do blame cat-owners for letting their foreign, introduced predators roam.
Local fauna have no "instinctive" defence against these alien vermin.

If an escaped lion got loose in a schoolyard, would you just say "oh well, it's instinctive, hunting/killing, hardwired" etc ?
Or, after shooting the bloody thing, would you not go after the person responsible for placing children at risk ?
I understand what you mean Pumicestone - Some species of animals introduced into Australia (and also in other places) over the years have had a detrimental effect on the indigenous wildlife populations and humans are responsible for their introduction. An important example in Australia was the introduction of the cane toad (introduced with all good intention of controlling the cane beetle). It's not just people's pets which have gone feral or got out of control. There are lots of examples in many countries where an introduced species (either accidentially or deliberately introduced) has caused havoc to the local wildlife. By solving one problem very often a bigger problem is created.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top