Join for free
Page 31 of 129 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 03:58 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Manchester/Cheshire

Good afternoon everyone - I'm late checking in today - I took a nytol tablet last night and it must have knocked me out.... I woke at 10.00am - still felt tired so went back to sleep till 3.00!!
I can't believe I slept that long. The day has almost gone - wasted.

Ah well off out for a family meal tonight so that should liven me up a bit..
I hope everyone's having a good day.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2014, 10:28 PM

Goodness I didn't know that nytol worked so well carol, I might give them a try. Hope you enjoyed the meal out tonight.
I've been shopping for curtains and curtain rails etc on line, mainly successful.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2014, 08:06 AM

Good morning everyone. It's bright & sunny in my part of Derbyshire. I've got a lot of housework to catch up on that I didn't do yesterday..
I hope Myrtle's having a nice time at Prestatyn and manages to log on with her dongle...

Have a good day all.

Hi Anita - nytol never worked that well for me before!! It was probably because I was sleep deprived! I'm feeling more normal now thank goodness.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

18-08-2014, 09:44 AM

Good morning club friends. I'm hoping my ankle will be fully healed by the time of our meet. I keep getting shooting pains in it - it worries me a bit.

Jazzi is travelling to Manchester soon to visit the Corrie set & I told her if she ever fancied another trip up North she would be most welcome to join us at our meet. It would be good to meet members from different parts.

Have a good day everybody - still no word from Myrtle....
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 10:52 AM

Good morning, carol I wasn't around when you had the accident with your ankle but I presume it's broken as you have been talking about a plaster and a wheelchair.
I also hope myrtle is ok on her hols, the weather has suddenly turned very chilly and autumnal. She should be having some bracing walks but hope there is a bit of sunshine too.
Carol it does sound as though you had some catching up to do with your sleep and a long sleep like that is exactly what you need.
I've been a bit like that myself as we have been decorating a flat we have bought with a view to living in it but not yet so we will hopefully rent it out for a while. I hadn't realised how much work would need doing and how long it would take and even how tired I would get doing it.
One of the bedrooms needs re-plastering so can't do much until that is done.

Have a good day all
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

18-08-2014, 11:55 AM

Good to hear from you Anita. None of our other members seems to be around. Yes I broke my ankle on a ramble in the woods 4 weeks ago - not long now till the plaster comes off but I'm worried about these shooting pains I keep getting in it. I'm trying to keep off it as much as possible..

Well done with your decorating Anita. When you get the flat all nice & fresh I hope you get good tenants to rent it.
We used to rent a flat out and it got trashed more times than I care to remember... Even if you keep the deposit it doesn't make up for the cost of redecorating. One couple painted it all purple - even the paintwork. OMG it was unbelievable!!
Anita
Midlands, UK

18-08-2014, 12:43 PM

Hi Carol, regarding your ankle, have you been weight bearing on it much or can you not really do that with the type of plaster you have?
Maybe it's just that as you are getting better you are moving it about more, it probably is a good idea to not weight bear and let it heal. There is a lot going on in your ankle as it's healing itself with new bone being formed and the tendons etc getting back to normal.
You will probably have some physio once it's off and be given exercises to do at home which are really important to stretch the tendons and ligaments as well as strengthen the muscles again. It may feel quite weak at first without the plaster and a bit achy.
The other thing is just to make sure your plaster is not too tight and that your toes are nice and pink and it looks like the blood is flowing nicely.

I'm a wee bit worried about letting the flat now from what you said about the tenants. The block of flats is mainly retirees and most are in their 70's and 80's, it's very quiet and peaceful and well kept and the last thing I would want is a dreadful disruptive tenant.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 01:38 PM

Hello Manchester club members. Thanks Carol for the invite and I hope your ankle is mending well.

I would love to meet you all. When I go up there on my birthday I might look at hotels for a few nights, then coach up, because I'd love to go on the wheel.

BTW, if wine is £7, how much is the set meal?! Is it veeeeeery expensive?

Pencil me in for now. Trains at peak times are prohibitively expensive so I couldn't reach Manchester for mid morning. (Not looked at very early departures yet.). I'll let you know at least a week before.

Would be great to meet you all.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2014, 01:50 PM

My birthday trip is Wed 10 Sep. i arrive at Piccadilly station 12.07, and my Corrie St tour is 13.40. I will then spend time in the street taking photos, and will have some hours to kill before my train at 18.35.

Because I stupidly booked a bus ticket for £3.70 instead of considering the free metro lines, I may pop over to Salford Quay, to look at the new tv centre. Downloaded the bus timetable for that route.

If anyone wants to meet up with me for a meal, or coffee, just before I leave, that would be nice!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

18-08-2014, 02:22 PM

I've checked train times and ticket prices for the 19th and it is doable. Just keep me pencilled in for now. Thanks.

Page 31 of 129 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top