Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 02:41 PM

Re: Warm Weather

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I live in the UK Wales actually, England is only a bit part of the whole! I had forgotten about the flipping Diamond Jubilee, a waste of money in a recession! I am all for a Monarchy but have absolutely NO interest in the 'celebrations', and will avoid all of them, if possible.
I thought you might have come from Wales Willow and I almost asked you on another thread. Your style of posting seems very similar to someone we had on the forum a while ago. Can't remember her name, but she changed it once - something to do with dancing I think it was. Was that you?
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 11:48 PM

I can only read Willow's posts when somebody quotes her because from what I've read, all of her posts are provocative and negative.

Anyway, to The Dog Lover! I hope it's a lovely warm day for you as well lass on the Queen's Jubilee, and tomorrow it's set to be 22 degrees again in these here parts!

Just to think, that only this time last week I was still in a woolly jumper!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I thought you might have come from Wales Willow and I almost asked you on another thread. Your style of posting seems very similar to someone we had on the forum a while ago. Can't remember her name, but she changed it once - something to do with dancing I think it was. Was that you?
Yes Rena, that's the same person I was thinking of.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2012, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
I live in the UK Wales actually, England is only a bit part of the whole! I had forgotten about the flipping Diamond Jubilee, a waste of money in a recession! I am all for a Monarchy but have absolutely NO interest in the 'celebrations', and will avoid all of them, if possible.
I assumed you didn't live on this planet, let alone in the UK if you didn't know that there were jubilee celebrations or a double bank holiday. Or don't you have access to a television?
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2012, 11:24 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing the Olympic torch as well as the Jubilee, hope the sun keeps shining.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 12:55 AM

It's been absolutely boiling here

I'm missing go out for our walks, but also enjoying staying indoors in the cool

Hope you are all making the most of it - I doubt we'll have it long!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 01:03 AM

I've thoroughly enjoyed this week, even though some of it has been spent in a stuffy office.

I guess the hot weather doesn't do for everybody, but we don't get much of it.

It's been so nice to go around with bare arms instead of looking like Nanook of the North in more skins than an onion!

Edit: Oh me goodness, I've just noticed. It's going to be even hotter tomorrow at 26 degrees! Does anybody know what that is in real money?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 08:51 AM

Mollie darlin' - thats 81 - 82o Fahrenheit!!! - with my balcony door wide open all night, the room thermostat in my lounge never dipped below 23oC (that's 76oF)
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 12:13 PM

That is hot Uncle Joe - it's another lovely day here and we are just off out to my daughters for lunch - we are having a barbeque and I hope her boys will let me paddle in their paddling pool.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2012, 02:28 PM

That's uncomfortable Geoff
A tip for keeping the bedroom or any room cool, is to freeze a couple of bottles of water and place them in front of a fan. It really does work
This weather can go on all summer for me, I'm just sorry for those who have to work in this heat.
Hope you get your feet wet Rena

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top