Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 08:20 AM

Re: Treasures.

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Yes it was about objects, not people or pets. I think it goes without saying which are the true treasures
It was just a topic for conversation.
Mesco, I do not put much value on objects because that is what they are, Objects with no emotional feelings.

Some people get very upset when they have an accident in their car(Oops, I have wrote off 5 cars) or break a plate, these are objects that can be replace but to me life can never be replaced.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 03:46 PM

I think I am guilty of encouraging this thread to go a bit astray and it is about treasures - sorry folks.
So, given that treasures are objects - I don't have many that I value personally, although we have some decent "stuff" around the house it wouldn't bother me if it went. I do have bits and bobs (relics if you like) from my children's childhood, e.g. plalstic Birth ID and baby weight/progress records. I also have bits from my grandparents which I could not replace and will only be chucked out when nobody left realises where they came from - mainly letters, photographs and closely personal articles, like a shaving brush, an old hat, a pot dog's head which was a tobacco jar, Canadian and British army medals, 1st and 2nd WW bits, stuff like that. I also have my dad's old sheepskin jacket which I wear sometimes. These objects I treasure.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 04:19 PM

Oh, dear. This has gone all pear shaped hasn't it?

I have a medallion of the Virgin Mary blessed by Pope Paul VI that my Jesuit teacher gave me in 1976 for helping stage the Christmas Pageant at School. I'm would not call myself a practising Catholic by any stretch of the imagination but it's special to me because of my esteem for the particular teacher who always managed to bring out the best in me.

I hope this helps to salvage this thread.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 06:13 PM

Actually what I asked was "WHAT ITEM" you treasured the most. Now some one correct me if I am wrong but an item is an inanimate object. Neither humans nor any other animal are inanimate objects.
And just to clear up another matter which some people seem to be confused about, by treasure I did not mean monetary value. I would have thought that by the ITEMS that I listed that it would have been obvious that I meant sentimental value.

I hope this clears up the matter and stops folks bickering.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2012, 06:15 PM

Just to clear up another point. Roxy was quite correct, so don't worry your head about it.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 08:32 PM

we just came back with lots of things from my mother in law
cant imagane how we carried so mutch back
from china to warerford crystal jewals in a box
phots we had never seen before
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 08:38 PM

Some off topic posts have been moved here..
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=8633
can we stay on topic please
mesco m
manchester

24-05-2012, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Some off topic posts have been moved here..
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=8633
can we stay on topic please
I'm glad I spotted this, I thought I was going a little loopy
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 09:59 PM

Loopy Mall? not you

I was looking for a spare 'back' for a stud earring and came across my mum's medal for netball. She was quite proud of it, because it was her winners medal. Her team had won the overall championship and she had scored a goal. It was presented by the Mayoress at the Town Hall.
I treasure it because mum was proud of it. One of my grandaughters commented, when I showed it to her
"great Nanna played netball??" - incredulous!
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2012, 10:19 PM

among many treasures are my babies hair when first cut which i have each in lockets with a baby picture.

My grans engagement ring which i wear all the time

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top