Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 12:32 AM

Re: Have you lost yours

Because I work in an office I have to be pretty well turned out every day for my job, but not over-dressy.

I used to adore dressing up on a Saturday night when we were going out, and I did the full monty with subtle make-up, hair done and lovely clothes (which are too dressy for work).

I like to look as nice as I can, at all times.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 07:09 AM

Please do not get me wrong, I am not saying that you have to think of how you look to others as a dresser, only your opinion of yourself really matters. I say and do things as I want to and if others can not accept that then it is their problem, maybe I should not have said 'Pride' maybe it should have been 'Respect'.

If you are happy with the way you dress and appear then good for you but looking from the outside some people look absolutely atrocious.

A tidy dress sense in public shows people that you are the sort of person whose life is organised to some degree whereas an untidy dress sense in public shows a person who tends to be lackadasical in the way they live.

As they say 'an untidy Desk or appearance' shows an untidy mind and an untidy mind shows a lack of self respect.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2012, 10:24 AM

I think an "untidy desk appearance"is not always the case.
I have a niece who is immaculate in her appearance but her home and home life is chaotic. She doesn't seem to see it herself. I suspect there are a lot like her too.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

04-05-2012, 11:24 AM

As they say 'an untidy Desk or appearance' shows an untidy mind and an untidy mind shows a lack of self respect.

I don't think that is necessarily true at all!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
As long as i have no holes in my clothing and been washes hiar brushed
of I go
no pjs for me at the store
Until last month it was no pjs for me outdoors... but one night I did run out for a loaf of bread with a jacket over my pyjamas!

Usually it's clean jeans and a t-shirt or long-sleeved cotton shirt for me. (I drive our work truck daily.) I smarten up to visit my mother and for family get-togethers. Only makeup I bother with is tinted sunscreen and a swipe of mascara once in a while. I can't abide nail polish or lipstick.

My hair is curly and a bit frizzy so I pull it up into a ponytail or bun.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2012, 02:47 PM

Only first thing in the morning lol. Till I've had my 2 big mugs of coffee I just don't care.
skinnyliz
New Member!
london
skinnyliz is female 

07-05-2012, 03:05 PM

Hello new to site, just browsing at the moment, interested in this query as although I am always clean and tidy I am nowhere as smart as I used to be during my working life, but then standards of dress have changed and I seem to have gone with the flow, sometimes must admit I feel scruffy although I am told I always look nice, if you yourself don't feel smart no amount of compliments will help really.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top