Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 01:35 PM

Re: Portacabin

Portacabins

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	portacabins.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	14783  
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I could live in a converted Porta Cabin, insulated and clad with larch
I don't need much space I am only little so is Chloe...
Probably could.
But unfortunately all of them/majority of them are utilitarian and many are for temporary use. Mind you, I know of some that remained permanent on industrial sites. And the larch cladding, though a lovely feature, might not sit well with the large cement works I've had the joy to encounter.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
I spent hundreds of hours in various Portacabins when I was gainfully employed.

Several were used for crew rooms with brewing equipment, bench seats, and communal table eating and drinking for the use of.

A double one was used as a foreman's office, and another one had a load of measurement equipment hooked up to three different test houses.
I would sometimes spend between six and eight hours a day in that little box, so yes, I have definitely felt at home in one.
Same with me - have been in many a one on building sites. Used as offices and a canteen for us workers. On large projects, they are stacked on top of each other, the upper ones being reached by metal staircases.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When my ex husband was the County Premises Officer in the Education Dept, he had to visit a school where an unused portacabin had gone missing from the school.

On investigation, it was found added onto one of the council houses behind the school playing field..
The tenants had only taken it and put it onto the back of their house like an extension.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I think its the Pommie version of a Portaloo

More of a Portabrew.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

More of a Portabrew.
I love it. That's spot on.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 05:03 PM

I think our American friends call a "Portaloo" a "Porta potty".

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top