Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:26 PM

Re: Beauty is in

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
It's my experience that really good looking women turn out to be simpering vapid individuals who are more interested in looking at their reflection in shop windows than they are to their surroundings or people in them.

High maintenance, shallow and missing the touch of common humanity that most women possess, I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole.
You just have to treat the aloofness as a challenge.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:36 PM

It's my experience that really good looking women turn out to be simpering vapid individuals who are more interested in looking at their reflection in shop windows than they are to their surroundings or people in them.

High maintenance, shallow and missing the touch of common humanity that most women possess, I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole.
So PooBear, only women are like this and good looking men are devoid of these traits?
I have never read such utter tosh as l am sure some ‘good looking’ women are really quite ugly with no make-up on.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:42 PM

Absolute claptrap, in my view.

..naughty PooBear, no honey for you!.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:45 PM

There is some truth in that,PooBear,....my son has met a few, so he tells me, I guess it’s just down to what you have both experienced.....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-01-2021, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
So PooBear, only women are like this and good looking men are devoid of these traits?
I have never read such utter tosh as l am sure some ‘good looking’ women are really quite ugly with no make-up on.

Some good looking woman are quite ugly with no make up.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder imo,Art,with or without make up, of course I would let my man see me without make up, if he proposed to me, I would hate to shock him in the morning,once we were married,
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 03:02 PM

This brings us right back to the OP.

Who gets to decide whether a woman (or bloke) is good looking?

Some people might say, oh that person is drop dead gorgeous.
Others might say, someone is average looking, or plain, or even downright ugly, but in both cases, they are the beholder. In the first case the beholder sees beauty, yet in the second case they don't.

Another person (beholder) might say the complete opposite.

I have seen and met many women, and seen images of even more. Sometimes I have seen or heard an opinion that they are considered beautiful, yet I don't see it myself.
There are some women I see and think, yes, they are really good looking, beautiful even, but others do not agree with me.

When I first met my Lovely Cousin, I thought she was pretty, but I certainly wasn't attracted to her. It was a full year later that it began to dawn on me that she had a schoolgirl crush on me. I have never considered myself to be good looking. Less than average looks in my opinion, but that isn't what she saw.

Now I think she is beautiful, but not just because she is good looking in my opinion. It's her kind heart and her gentle ways that I love as well that I find beautiful.

Others might get a glimpse of this when they meet her, but nobody knows her like I do, and nobody can see or ever know the beauty within that I see.

I am one very lucky beholder.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-01-2021, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
This brings us right back to the OP.

Who gets to decide whether a woman (or bloke) is good looking?

Some people might say, oh that person is drop dead gorgeous.
Others might say, someone is average looking, or plain, or even downright ugly, but in both cases, they are the beholder. In the first case the beholder sees beauty, yet in the second case they don't.

Another person (beholder) might say the complete opposite.

I have seen and met many women, and seen images of even more. Sometimes I have seen or heard an opinion that they are considered beautiful, yet I don't see it myself.
There are some women I see and think, yes, they are really good looking, beautiful even, but others do not agree with me.

When I first met my Lovely Cousin, I thought she was pretty, but I certainly wasn't attracted to her. It was a full year later that it began to dawn on me that she had a schoolgirl crush on me. I have never considered myself to be good looking. Less than average looks in my opinion, but that isn't what she saw.

Now I think she is beautiful, but not just because she is good looking in my opinion. It's her kind heart and her gentle ways that I love as well that I find beautiful.

Others might get a glimpse of this when they meet her, but nobody knows her like I do, and nobody can see or ever know the beauty within that I see.

I am one very lucky beholder.

What a lovely post.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
The eye of the beholder.

True don’t you think?

I hadn’t a clue what that meant when I was young, I do now.
That was part of my chat-up line ... beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so come here and be held
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-01-2021, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
That was part of my chat-up line ... beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so come here and be held

Ooh,I like that,
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Ooh,I like that,
It worked exceeding well for me .. well, either that or being taller than most

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top