Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:10 PM

Re: Lorry queues

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, most produce needs a certain good ingredient in the soil but somehow I think it's a different kind from a different source!

Not according to the Spanish.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not according to the Spanish.
No? Well, tell me more LD. I don't know any Spaniards and have ever been to Spain so I know nothing about that!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:28 PM

No? Well, tell me more LD. I don't know any Spaniards and have ever been to Spain so I know nothing about that!
The fact that Spain once used human excrement to grow their lettuces has for some reason always stuck in my mind. I don't think they do it now but I still avoid Spanish produce where possible.
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:42 PM

The fact that Spain once used human excrement to grow their lettuces has for some reason always stuck in my mind. I don't think they do it now but I still avoid Spanish produce where possible.
Not surprising you still avoid it, that would be me too. Coincidentally I have just returned from the supermarket and bought lettuce but it was grown in the UK, that's a relief anyway!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-12-2020, 11:43 PM

Not surprising you still avoid it, that would be me too. Coincidentally I have just returned from the supermarket and bought lettuce but it was grown in the UK, that's a relief anyway!
Look for the Union jack. That's the spirit.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:47 PM

Effluence from many towns and cities in the UK was used to fertilise crop soils.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:47 PM

Ebay has Union Jacks, don't mean Shite.
Baz46

21-12-2020, 11:51 PM

Look for the Union jack. That's the spirit.
Yes, that's me since all this Brexit business. Unless it's produced in the UK I will not be buying whatever it is. We used to produce fruit and veg. so no reason why we cannot still do this. It's those who want out of season produce who support those who import it from abroad.

I noticed your avatar, I could hardly miss it due to what it is. Although you might have been grown in the UK I will refrain from asking about the quality or the price!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

21-12-2020, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Effluence from many towns and cities in the UK was used to fertilise crop soils.
Yes but I understand (hope) we process it before muck spreading whereas Spain was using raw sewage.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...aw-sewage.html

ps. It's just a coincidence that link also mentions Claire Balding.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2020, 11:53 PM

Yes, that's me since all this Brexit business. Unless it's produced in the UK I will not be buying whatever it is. We used to produce fruit and veg. so no reason why we cannot still do this. It's those who want out of season produce who support those who import it from abroad.

I noticed you avatar, I could hardly miss it due to what it is. Although you might have been grown in the UK I will refrain from asking about the quality or the price!
Sounds like an ideal time for as many people as possible to start growing food at home

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top