Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 05:51 PM

Re: Rubbish bin

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Thanks. We had a bed dog that we wanted to ask the refuse truck to take it. Refused refused in the refuse truck........
I sawed it up in the black bin. Fibre tubes so a bit of a challenge.
I'll bet. We had a thread about councils taking large items for free. Round here, Manchester will take one load (of up to 3) big items like beds or suites free per annum. Not the case in Doncaster?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Stop reminding me! 😂🤣
Or, do you put on your "special" Turkish şalvar and go for a "walk", releasing it bit at a time, like they did in The Great Escape?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Or, do you put on your "special" Turkish şalvar and go for a "walk", releasing it bit at a time, like they did in The Great Escape?

What has this got to do with bins?

Saved = bins ?😂

If my bin is overflowing, I ask God to show me the next available bin and he does,😂🤣
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

10-12-2020, 06:22 PM

What has this got to do with bins?

Saved = bins ?😂

If my bin is overflowing, I ask God to show me the next available bin and he does,😂🤣
You could take it to a Catholic church confessional booth, dump it there and ask for forgiveness for your bins
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 06:47 PM

I have three 240 litre wheeled bins. One for landfill rubbish, another for recycling and a third for garden refuse and kitchen waste. These are collected every two weeks, the garden and kitchen waste is collected on the Friday after the recyclable waste is collected on the Monday. Landfill waste is collected the following Monday.

However, although my garden refuse bin is put out every time, the other two are are only put out every six to eight weeks or so as I never have enough to fill them.

What gets me though is that a family in this road, parents plus five adult offspring, all working full-time, put their full bins out regularly every time. Their Council Tax works out to around £6.50 to £7.00 a week each person but they have SEVEN TIMES the refuse and use SEVEN TIMES the facilities that I do. I am retired and on a fixed pension, my Council Tax costs me £50 a week for SEVEN TIMES LESS REFUSE and use of facilities than that family. Like most single householders I believe I am being excessively ripped-off. How would anyone like paying £50 a week to have their waste bins emptied about every six or eight weeks or perhaps paying the income tax of a person earning more than SEVEN TIMES what they earn?

The refuse collection service here is good, no complaints about that, it's the inequitable Council Tax that I dislike. There's something wrong somewhere!

I say bring back the Community Charge or Poll Tax, as it was more commonly known!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

10-12-2020, 06:56 PM

Baz...Bring back birth control!!!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 07:09 PM

I'll bet. We had a thread about councils taking large items for free. Round here, Manchester will take one load (of up to 3) big items like beds or suites free per annum. Not the case in Doncaster?
As it happens My Dear Wife has just contacted Donny for collecting a leather armchair. It is mine and I'm sad to lose it...........
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 07:24 PM

Baz...Bring back birth control!!!
Good idea I reckon, far better to bring that back PLUS everyone pays Poll Tax or Community Charge, as it's more generally known, then people would pay for facilities they use AND in so doing realise how much it really costs to have these large families. Why should sole householders pay for the large families of others, plus in doing so, pay for their pleasure in producing them too?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 09:26 PM

I tried to get that cross trainer into my bin, it wouldn’t fit,😂🤣
Should have paid a tenner for a good hacksaw and cut it up pauline......That's what I do with big unmanageable items....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2020, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
As it happens My Dear Wife has just contacted Donny for collecting a leather armchair. It is mine and I'm sad to lose it...........
But he lives on the morning side of the mountain and you live on the twilight side of the hill.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top