Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2011, 03:01 PM

Re: Christmas presents (what to buy when they have everything)

You could be on a winner there with the dressing gown and slippers, the only trouble is my Grand-daughter doesnt say the present has arrived or thankyou and I am a bit fed up with it, she is 19 and should know better.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
You could be on a winner there with the dressing gown and slippers, the only trouble is my Grand-daughter doesnt say the present has arrived or thankyou and I am a bit fed up with it, she is 19 and should know better.
What a shame your presents to your granddaughter aren't acknowledged, Annie We have received thank you letters from our grandchildren every year from when they were able to write ...... even get a letter from them when they have already thanked us to our face.

I do think it's very important that children brought up these days are taught not to take things for granted.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2011, 05:51 PM

This is the cry of the elderly" I blame the parents", but she was taught right from the beginning and is a lovely girl really has just had a bad time with her parents divorceing and her mother marrying an unfortunate man.She was taught better than this by her Daddy who she was with till she was 7.And as the priests say "Give me a child till they are seven, and they are mine for life."
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2011, 11:23 AM

My grandkids are 15 and 12, and although I always go to see them on Christmas morning, they, as well as my daughters always ring and say thanks for my pressies, but this year I am bucking the trend, as I will give them their presents on Christmas day, when we all meet up for dinner (for once I just want to see their faces). Christmas dinner again is something of a tradition with us, with all parties contributing something towards it, this year its my turn for the sweet and cheeseboard selection
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by aitch ->
My grandkids are 15 and 12, and although I always go to see them on Christmas morning, they, as well as my daughters always ring and say thanks for my pressies, but this year I am bucking the trend, as I will give them their presents on Christmas day, when we all meet up for dinner (for once I just want to see their faces). Christmas dinner again is something of a tradition with us, with all parties contributing something towards it, this year its my turn for the sweet and cheeseboard selection
It sounds like it's going to be a very nice day for you, Aitch.
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2011, 09:27 PM

It certainly will be Mags, in the afternoon my youngest son in law will pick me up, dinner will be had, then a few laughs and a few vino's and maybe a couple of whiskys before they take me home about 9, boxing day my eldest puts on a buffet and we all meet at her house, usually around 15 of us, but no drink for me that day, as I will be doing the driving for a couple of people, same as Christmas day I will be home for no later than 10, and then a nice bottle of red before bed

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top