Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 07:44 PM

Re: Fireworks

They get louder every year, and oh boy isnt it fun to scare the pants off all those old people and there pets.I suppose we could retaliate and have fire works about 3am.Who would be laughing then.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
It's really only a problem here on this side of the Pond on the Fourth and New Years Eve, but I firmly believe in municipal displays ONLY; fireworks should never be sold to the general public. But, will never happen ....
The gun nuts also seem to be against banning fireworks too.
Hi Eileen - We don't have any problem here in November either but on New Years Eve and a couple of other nights they are becomming popular - It amazes me that the peasants here are extremely poor, they don't have money to feed their pets properly or give them good veterinary care yet they still go out and buy the dam things

We have two dogs, one is very frightened when the fireworks start, even 'tho the nearest are about two miles away she can hear them and is pawing the door to come inside, the other dog s not too worried so long as we are around.

Another vote here for 'municipal' displays only
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2011, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by doglover ->
Fireworks just started going off here really loudly and there is also an organised "do" starting at 6.30. I have to leave at 6.45 for my night shift and my daughter is at work til 7.30 so I will have to leave the TV and lights on really loudly when I go to work for the dogs. They arent scared of fireworks normally but these are so loud they sound like explosions. Is is me or do they get louder every year??
Yes, I think that too We've had them here since a 6.30 pm start. What happened to the 'normal' display.....like the roman candles, catherine wheels, and odd whistling ones? Now they sound more like you're in the middle of war zone!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top