Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 11:03 AM

Re: Making My Own Postcards

I use Photoshop Elements on my Mac and Paintshop Pro on my PC's. 'Elements is a cut down version of the full Photoshop. Considerably cheaper. But it still has a lot of the essential picture editing facilities.
One very useful feature is cloning. Her is a picture of a Goosander (f) with two swans bums spoiling the picture.

The same picture with a couple of minutes cloning

marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 11:16 AM

That's a good bit of cloning! I've also got Elements which is good but I've never been able to get on with Paint Shop Pro.
FridgeMagnet
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 11:29 AM

I prefer Elements. But PSP does have some features that I prefer to use. In fact, I have personally found PSP's cloning to be a lot more forgiving than Elements.
Also, PSP has 'Animation Shop Pro' built in, where a lot of the simple animated graphics and avatars are created.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2011, 11:36 AM

Mind you the PSP I have is quite an old one so I may find a newer one better. Photoshop is so powerful and I probably like most people don't use it to its full potential I do like cutting people's head's out if they have closed eyes and replacing with a better one... have done that a few times and nobody's noticed!!
FridgeMagnet

18-10-2011, 11:41 AM

Photoshop used to have an 'eye' brush that you could replace closed eyes with an open one. I don't know if they still do it.
One thing I do love about P/S, is text manipulation. All the amazing effects you can achieve with just a few clicks
marpaul
North Cumbria

18-10-2011, 11:44 AM

Oh I don't know about the eye brush but then again I have an old version, PS CS so it might be in a more recent version. Yes I like the text manipulation as well.
FridgeMagnet

18-10-2011, 11:49 AM

I am talking about 20 or so years ago. When it used to available for a sensible price.
I have just checked. The 'eye' is not available in 'Elements'
marpaul
North Cumbria

18-10-2011, 12:02 PM

Oh right that is a long time ago then. Thanks for checking and what a shame they no longer do it.
FridgeMagnet

18-10-2011, 12:05 PM

Yes. It was perfect for the job. You could alter the size. Flip it left or right.
I refuse to pay the £600 - £700 they want for the full P/S in this country.
marpaul
North Cumbria

18-10-2011, 12:32 PM

I wonder why they dont do it any more as its sounds brilliant. I would never pay the full amount for PS way too expensive!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top