Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 11:52 AM

Re: What makes you nervous/anxious?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I used to be terrified of the dentist. The one we when I was a chid was a sadist who enjoyed causing as much pain as possible, his fillings would often fall out on the way home .

However, our present dentist is a lovely guy, and we can have a laugh and a joke. I get a hug when I arrive,which is amusing. I see him on Thursday for a filling, my bad back permitting.
I used to be very afraid of the dentist as a kid cause my parents were sadists. They made us get our cavaties drilled with no freezing .
As an adult I am NOT afraid of the dentist and go every 6 months for my cleaning.

What am I afraid of?
Loud unexpected noises since I have PTSD and being around people.
That’s it.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I used to be very afraid of the dentist as a kid cause my parents were sadists. They made us get our cavaties drilled with no freezing .
As an adult I am NOT afraid of the dentist and go every 6 months for my cleaning.

What am I afraid of?
Loud unexpected noises since I have PTSD and being around people.
That’s it.
I am so sorry your parents were sadists.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
As the title says, what makes you nervous or anxious?

Another thing that makes me nervous is phoning someone I don't know. I hate doing it and I usually do it on a whim so I don't have time to think about it too much.

Aaaaand breathe
Great thread Nicol....

I am a real basket case when it comes to picking up that phone. I don't have a cell because I am sure I wouldn't get much use from it, because I don't even use my home phone. When it rings, I start to have a panic attack....it is terrible, and when I have to phone someone, I have to do it very quick like you, or I will chicken out and not do it.......

I don't know what is wrong with me (with that phone). I don't know how I got this phobia. I would rather handle a snake than talk on that phone. Why is that, anyone know?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am so sorry your parents were sadists.
Thank you Tarantula
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

03-09-2018, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Great thread Nicol....

I am a real basket case when it comes to picking up that phone. I don't have a cell because I am sure I wouldn't get much use from it, because I don't even use my home phone. When it rings, I start to have a panic attack....it is terrible, and when I have to phone someone, I have to do it very quick like you, or I will chicken out and not do it.......

I don't know what is wrong with me (with that phone). I don't know how I got this phobia. I would rather handle a snake than talk on that phone. Why is that, anyone know?
I don’t know why you feel like that about phones but I think it would be fairly simple to get a phone and desensitize yourself out of your fear . Phones can be useful and can save lives.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:02 PM

I know a few people that hate using a phone.

I'm ok with incoming calls as I always let the answerphone get it on the landline and have caller ID on my mobile.

It's making them that's my problem, and it's another stressy thing I've had to do today
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not a lot !

Am not too keen on 'man made heights' - tall buildings, ladders etc., - but am OK with natural ones, such as mountains.

That's about all.
Oh ST, I'm exactly like that too.

Exams and interviews were always way up there for me.

Being in the 'eye' in the front rather than in the background.

Used to be dentist, but not so much now. Still nervous of them, but I can handle it sufficiently now.

I get very nervous meeting people who know of me - (rather than know me).
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:13 PM

Heights have never bothered me I think they will when the cliff edge I am on gives way one day
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:32 PM

Being up high with only a short wall separating me from what’s down the other side. When in Queenstown, NZ, 6 years ago, I did go up the cable car (which I have no fears of) to the building high up, but being outside, trying to admire the most fantastic view, just had me anxiously backing towards the wall and not relaxing till I was inside the restaurant. There were people from my coach leaning over the wall. No waaaaaaay!

Standing on the glass floor of the Spinnaker tower in Portsmouth also made me nervous, but I’ll happily go up a tall building, like the ones in London, where glass windows separate us. Absolutely love views from high up.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Being up high with only a short wall separating me from what’s down the other side. When in Queenstown, NZ, 6 years ago, I did go up the cable car (which I have no fears of) to the building high up, but being outside, trying to admire the most fantastic view, just had me anxiously backing towards the wall and not relaxing till I was inside the restaurant. There were people from my coach leaning over the wall. No waaaaaaay!
You see cable cars worry me when I am on them I mean you are just dangling by a cable and when they jump over the pylon things that is when I worry and they swing on a windy day...and they stop them from time to time.....quick I need a brown paper bag

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top