Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 10:43 AM

Re: A week-end away

Originally Posted by carol ->
Would you enjoy having company for the weekend at your own home?
We rarely have guests staying over.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Do you enjoy going to visit someone for a week-end?
Do you enjoy having company for a week-end?

I just got back from an enjoyable week-end at Beautiful Filly's home in Beautiful Bowmanville, Ontario....

She was a hostess with the mostess......
She made me her famous meatloaf, with potatoes and peas,
We had wonderful home made lemon pie...
She made lots of peanut butter cookies.....

We had so much fun on the net together.
We tried different coloured dyes on our hair, which were washed out on first wash.

She had the most beautiful pink and silver
I tried shimmering rose gold, and silver....

We had blue, pink, purple, silver, golden red, shimmering rose gold. and green.....

I like the shimmering rose gold the best so far, but I will be trying all of them....

We visited her son's farm and spent lots of time with the horses. A new Filly was born last week....and they had some new horses in......

We visited her grand daughter who was a great hostess and took us out for chinese food. We visited her husband who is a Long Term Care Facility, and he is treated well, as Beautiful Filly makes absolutely certain of that....

She has two cats, that love to talk, talk talk...
She has one dog, an English Bull Terrior and she was by my side for the whole trip.

The last time we were together she took me to the Neil Diamond concert in Toronto and we spent a night in a beautiful downtown hotel. I can't remember the name of it, but if she comes on, she will remember....

Beautiful Filly, no word of a lie, is the best hostess I have ever known. I love her dearly, she is my best friend......can hardly wait to have a week-end with her again. She doesn't come here too often as the dog can't stand her to go without her and Gracie doesn't travel well.....

So tell me, how about you.....do you like to entertain? Do you like to go away for a week-end and get spoiled like I had. She even had my own bedroom, and it was luxurious.....

WOW...Blue, what a glowing summary of our weekend here in Bowmanville... I am so very happy that you enjoyed yourself... I am not sure that I was "all that"...but it's truly nice to know you had a good time...

I am guessing but I think your favourite time was at the farm...with all the horses and other critters... The new filly, is only two weeks old and they're looking to name her...can you come up with a cute name, Blue?

Nice to know that you loved my meatloaf...I never stray from that recipe...

I, personally...loved doing the hair colours as we've waited so long for this visit...and planned to do some hair colouring. Now we can say, that we did that and had fun at the same time.

You should have taken the rest of those damn peanut butter cookies...before I had a chance to eat them all, which I've done since you left...

Mostly, I enjoyed going to The Mandarin with you and my GD...as we've wanted to go together for eons...and now I can say that we've been there with Kaicey…

By the by, Blue...the hotel where we stayed in Toronto is The Fairmont Royal York... I wonder if Neil Diamond spent that night there too...guess we'll never know and we could have been groupies...

Thanks Blue for leaving me your jar of coffee...I've not had tea since you left... And, Gracie's been looking for you ever since you've been gone... So, I decided to let her in the bedroom with me and naturally the kitties followed...

See ya on the flipside, honey...
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 03:24 PM

Its a rare weekend I don't have a house full, kids, grandkids, friends, complete strangers sometimes

We have a weekend booked in a 5* hotel coming up in a couple of weeks and then a couple of weeks after that we have a weekend booked on the IOM

However Im a bit like Tara, I don't like not being at home. I like my home comforts and can never settle anywhere else
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
We rarely have guests staying over.
Tara, on the rare occasion you do have guests staying over, do you enjoy having them or can't you wait for them to leave?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top