Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:52 AM

Re: Black Slave Auction.

The school Beechen Cliff is quite.a prestigious state school that has produced many well known athletes ( Roger Banister went there )
These things happen in school bullies abound and this IMO is really a case of bullying .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I agree racism is getting worse again. As for trying to change the attitudes of those nasty kids, who perpetrated that evil act, I suspect that is already a lost cause and they should be expelled for the sake of the boy they harmed.!
I disagree T if anything it will help that boy to see these boys being punished and learning to change. No one is a lost cause at that age.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The school Beechen Cliff is quite.a prestigious state school that has produced many well known athletes ( Roger Banister went there )
These things happen in school bullies abound and this IMO is really a case of bullying .
Beechen Cliff needs to crack down very severely on pupils like that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
True bullies do pick on anything that makes a child a bit different. It may even be they aren't racist they were just picking on the one thing that was different about him.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
You would have made an excellent slavemaster, but you are a better comedian, an early morning chuckle to start my day.
And you very poor at humour of any kind. I will waste no more time on you.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
And you very poor at humour of any kind. I will waste no more time on you.
I am gutted...really..I am weeping profusely into a man sized tissue at your rejection ....( you need to get out more)
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
True bullies do pick on anything that makes a child a bit different. It may even be they aren't racist they were just picking on the one thing that was different about him.
I wish I could share your optimism about the behaviour of these boys but I can't. I find what they did sickening and racist in the extreme. I wonder how much further those boys would have gone given the chance. If, as you say, it was just bullying then it's the most extreme case that I have ever heard of.

To make a boy helpless by tying him up and hitting him with sticks and humiliating him by re-enacting a slave auction is, in my option, way beyond the pale.

I just keep thinking of the poor little boy, James Bulger, when two young boys planned and carried out that brutal and horrific murder.
mesco m
manchester

19-03-2018, 11:29 AM

I am gutted...really..I am weeping profusely into a man sized tissue at your rejection ....( you need to get out more)
You need to be some kind of a man to use a man sized tissue and I find you more than wanting in that direction. Man? Now I am weeping with laughter 😂😂😂
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

19-03-2018, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I wish I could share your optimism about the behaviour of these boys but I can't. I find what they did sickening and racist in the extreme. I wonder how much further those boys would have gone given the chance. If, as you say, it was just bullying then it's the most extreme case that I have ever heard of.

To make a boy helpless by tying him up and hitting him with sticks and humiliating him by re-enacting a slave auction is, in my option, way beyond the pale.

I just keep thinking of the poor little boy, James Bulger, when two young boys planned and carried out that brutal and horrific murder.
I don't ever think we get the entire story mesco, that's why I temper my answers. From what they said I have no idea if it was a prank gone wrong or a sustained racist event. I don't want young people punished for stupidity they need to be taught what's right. I also can not see a young person labelled if they can be helped to see a better way forward. Parents of the children ? Are they racists or just failing to teach them to think before acting ? We just don't have all the facts to judge really.
SallyS
South East, UK
SallyS is female  SallyS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 11:31 AM

Are you a WUM.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top