Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 04:00 PM

Re: My unusual childhood!

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Tara,

Thank you for sharing your childhood story with us. I found it very interesting to say the least.
I, too, believe in Ghosts. I have some stories to tell, but not today.....

Blue
As I stated, although I have experienced the weirdest things, I don't believe in the 'supernatural'.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 05:15 PM

I loved your life stories, just think your part of Guernsey's history! It's a lovely place too, i stayed at St. Peter Port on holiday with friends back in 1979 and never forget the fun we had..
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 05:16 PM

Tara shame on me for coming so late to this thread.
I am amazed. Now I want more.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Tara shame on me for coming so late to this thread.
I am amazed. Now I want more.
There is plenty more, but I don't wish to bore people, with it.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
You won't I am sure of that.
We have enough nonsense threads, it makes a refreshing and fascinating change.

When I lived in Jersey, I was lucky enough to go into a house that had been locked up since 1940 something.
I think it was owned by a Doctor and his family. Anyway, they never returned. But, in 1984 someone asked for it to be cleared. It was a trip back in time for me, and I grabbed all the ladies clothes.
I really look forward to reading more Tara.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

06-03-2018, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
You won't I am sure of that.
We have enough nonsense threads, it makes a refreshing and fascinating change.

When I lived in Jersey, I was lucky enough to go into a house that had been locked up since 1940 something.
I think it was owned by a Doctor and his family. Anyway, they never returned. But, in 1984 someone asked for it to be cleared. It was a trip back in time for me, and I grabbed all the ladies clothes.
I really look forward to reading more Tara.
It is kind of you to be interested, but I suspect many other posters don't see it your way.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

06-03-2018, 05:54 PM

It is kind of you to be interested, but I suspect many other posters don't see it your way.
Do we care?
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 06:03 PM

I agree with Sweetie, would love to hear more.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

06-03-2018, 06:29 PM

OK, I apologise in advance to those who find my story boring.

My very earliest memory, which was verified by my mother as being correct, was being in the maternity home, in a white canvas sided cot, with the nurse looking down at me. The walls were cream and green.

I remember, when I was a year old in 1951, sitting in my pram in our kitchen listening to the first episode of The Archers. I have listened to the programme ever since.

When I was two I nearly drowned in a pond, when I was in a park with my Aunt and her friend, who were supposed to be looking after me. They hadn't noticed I had wandered off, and I fell into the pond when I slipped whilst I was looking at the fish. My mother was not a happy bunny as I had spoilt my 'Mini Mode' outfit!

Also that year I wandered up our long drive to look at a horse and cart parked at the top of it. The farmer and his wife, who rented one of our fields were sitting on it, when a low flying aircraft startled the horse. It bolted towards me, the farmer and his wife fell through the shafts! 'Auntie' Myra Gallienne who was packing tomatoes in our packing shed, heard the commotion and bravely ran towards me and the bolting horse, picked me up and ran towards the house. My mother open the door and we both fell in just as the horse and cart passed us with only about 6 inches to spare. It was stopped by a 20ft granite wall at the end of the drive. My father had to shoot the horse as it couldn't be pacified. The farmer died about three months later of a heart attack, he never got over the shock of this incident. I was more upset that I had wet my pants in fright, than dicing with death!

Auntie Myra (not a relative) celebrated her 100th birthday last August. This story was printed in the local paper when I sent it to them.

That will do for now.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

06-03-2018, 06:32 PM

Thank-you Tara, I will read this all again after my dinner.
I think you will end up with quite a fan club.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top