Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 01:46 PM

Re: Bus Lanes

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Obviously, but would complain if they were late!

Eh? If he never travels by bus, he wouldn't be complaining.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 04:54 PM

It's not rocket science is it? Most bus lanes quite clearly note the times when they have restricted access to motorists.

It actually gripes me when people avoid them at all costs when it clearly states the time they are not in use. They just clog up the inner lane whilst the bus lane can be used without fear of getting caught on camera. Can't people read road signs anymore?

I'm thinking these are the same people who drive dead on 60 in the middle lane of a motorway, or those who vacantly stare at the red traffic light in front of them instead of using common sense and being forward-thinking by noticing when the opposite lights are changing.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 05:05 PM

Hi

No bus lanes here, no buses, or rather very few.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No bus lanes here, no buses, or rather very few.
Any houses for sale there at the moment, swimfeeders?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 06:54 PM

This is a bit long.

In 1999 was going down the Shorditch system in London a 1.59pm

4 lanes of traffic with a bus lane.

I wanted to turn left to Bethnal green.

So went down the Bus lane.

Pulled by a copper.

Giving a ticket for £20 or go to court.

I said see you in court.

He ask why (Answer at the end)

He said all bus lanes are red you have no excuse for driving in one

Got a summons to appear in court and was asked if there was a reason why I wanted a court apperance Gave my answer and was told I was wrong and would have to appear in court and could be fined £1000.

A week before my trial they decided not to procide with it.

Because the Bus Lane was only 7.30 till 10am

This might be why nobody drives in a bus lanes when you can.

I always do its faster as no cars in it ...bit annoying if there is a bus picking up passengers.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's not rocket science is it? Most bus lanes quite clearly note the times when they have restricted access to motorists.

It actually gripes me when people avoid them at all costs when it clearly states the time they are not in use. They just clog up the inner lane whilst the bus lane can be used without fear of getting caught on camera. Can't people read road signs anymore?

I'm thinking these are the same people who drive dead on 60 in the middle lane of a motorway, or those who vacantly stare at the red traffic light in front of them instead of using common sense and being forward-thinking by noticing when the opposite lights are changing.
Should you ever drive in Salford you're likely to come unstuck. You can be in one area and then the next area, without any noticeable warning, changes to a different set of times.

I can see no real reason for that other than to catch out unwitting motorists and render them liable for a charge.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

15-08-2017, 02:48 PM

^ That's grossly unfair isn't it, JBR? But then it's typical of this country's greed for taxing you on anything and everything.

The only times I do avoid bus lanes, apart from at the correct times stated they are for buses, are on bank holidays and when the clocks go back/forward. They probably don't change the cameras on purpose

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top