Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 01:28 PM

Re: Stupid Boris

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Boris is a buffoon .. end of.
He's been the same for years. I remember yonks ago seeing him on Have I Got News For You ..
He was actually in his element on that.
Very funny as everything has a time and a place.
Thing is he's a rubbish politician and heaven forbid he ever becomes PM. It'd be like willingly giving yourself an awful enema to combat a mild stomach ache.

I remember that too, Mort. Ian Hislop gave him some stick.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 01:30 PM

He did and Boris took it in good spirit. Overgrown schoolboy that he is.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Rainmaker, what on earth has Brexit, the Referendum, Corbyn and Priti Patel got to do with Boris putting his big feet in it supporting bull fighting?
Because many of his minor gaffs are blown up into major ones to try to discredit him. Get rid of Boris and you damage Brexit. Make a major scene, discredit him, get the PC brigade on your side, even though he is being honest by stating what he believes sack him. By doing that you weaken the opposition. There is more to this than meets the eye. I would go further, I think many, not all of the trivial sex allegations originate in the Remain camp. They haven't given up, just got more devious.

Why should it make any difference to a man's ability to do a job on the international front when he says something certain people don't like, many would agree with him. I do I think that it is Spain's business, when they ban it it will be Spain's decision

So many people never seem to ask why? Why now?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 01:43 PM

I really don't think it's a case of timing or engineering on anyone's part to catch him out.
If anything, quite the opposite, look away for a moment and you risk missing one of his monumental gaffs.

There's a place for outspokenness, when presenting a refreshingly different view, or when it can rock the status quo or offer exciting, interesting, never-thought-of-before valid alternatives .. but not when you're damaging someone's chance of freedom or making a prat of yourself for no obvious gain.
And then, finally, that reflects back on our own governments credibility.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 02:02 PM

I don't think Bois damaged anything. It wasn't until the pc brigade latched on to his gaff that Iran realized the political mileage in it
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

12-11-2017, 02:03 PM

Which in itself, considering what is at stake, shows an unawareness of or an inability to exercise diplomacy?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 02:08 PM

Clever as he is, academically speaking, I wonder if he's on the spectrum.
Many clever men are, it explains their inability to exercise tact and empathy etc.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

12-11-2017, 02:15 PM

I blame his hair myself ... imagine been confronted with that mop every morning.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 02:29 PM

Well the lady in Iranian prison really has no chance with the tories in government, gove has now said he didn't know what she was doing there as if he suspected it wasn't a holiday. Quickly tried to backtrack but once it's out there it's too late.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK

12-11-2017, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Which in itself, considering what is at stake, shows an unawareness of or an inability to exercise diplomacy?
Doesn't say a lot for free speech though does it.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top