Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 01:55 PM

Re: Sunday good morning

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Blimey Art, didn't know that! Hope you recover well.

Good luck to Fogey, too.
Jazzi, How kind of you. Thank You.

It was the first operation and stitches that l have ever had in my life and l was scared stiff!
There was no need, as the only thing that was uncomfortable was, the cannula needle being put in!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 02:23 PM

Sorry to hear that Art, I also didn't know you had your Gall Bladder out on Friday, but so glad you are feeling well now.

Fogey hope everything goes well for you tomorrow.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 02:40 PM

Oh my stars, Artangel, I had no idea you were having surgery. How stoic and reserved you have been. I am pleased to know the procedure went wll. It must be a relief to have it behind you!

Good things to you, Fogey on your surgery. I'm sure you'll be on the mend it no time.

It's dark and overcast morning here with storms threatening off the gulf. I had hoped to surf, but Poseidon and Neptume seem to be in very difficult moods, tossing lightning about like angry spears.

That leaves me here sipping chai and poring over the radar and wind maps...hoping...wishing...willing....the storms away.

Hope weather is better your way!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Oh my stars, Artangel, I had no idea you were having surgery. How stoic and reserved you have been. I am pleased to know the procedure went wll. It must be a relief to have it behind you!

Good things to you, Fogey on your surgery. I'm sure you'll be on the mend it no time.

It's dark and overcast morning here with storms threatening off the gulf. I had hoped to surf, but Poseidon and Neptume seem to be in very difficult moods, tossing lightning about like angry spears.

That leaves me here sipping chai and poring over the radar and wind maps...hoping...wishing...willing....the storms away.

Hope weather is better your way!
Thank You, Susie and Surfermom.
I would never have mentioned it but I thought it would help Fogey who is probably feeling a bit anxious as l did!

I thought l would feel a real invalid after but l feel so well. Keyhole surgery is a marvellous thing, unlike in the old days of gall bladder removal when you would end up with a scar like a shark bite!
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 03:57 PM

Gosh Art, glad to hear everything went well. My friend had the same operation as you (did she take up too much room on the table with you lol). No, it was a few days ago and I cannot believe how well she looks.

Just take it easy for a few days.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-09-2017, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
Gosh Art, glad to hear everything went well. My friend had the same operation as you (did she take up too much room on the table with you lol). No, it was a few days ago and I cannot believe how well she looks.

Just take it easy for a few days.
Thank you! Cedronella.
HaHa! She might have been beside me but l was out cold at 4pm on Friday! You'd think we would be feeling dreadful after anaesthetic and surgery?!
Even my skin and hair look better, maybe the removal of gall stones improves the blood?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 05:15 PM

I had keyhole surgery for mine, but maybe somehow you have better health than me. When I saw the practice nurse for stitch removal she said something like 'do not under estimate a keyhole op.' In other words, treat it like any kind of surgery, in that recovery time can be just as slow
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-09-2017, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I had keyhole surgery for mine, but maybe somehow you have better health than me. When I saw the practice nurse for stitch removal she said something like 'do not under estimate a keyhole op.' In other words, treat it like any kind of surgery, in that recovery time can be just as slow
Jazzi, You had to have your stitches taken out after keyhole surgery? When did you have your gall bladder taken out?
They said, all my stitches were dissolvable and l just have to go to the nurse at my doctors surgery on Friday to check the four incisions are healing ok and not bleeding or weeping.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2017, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh, Fogey, I had my gall bladder removed on Friday. I cannot tell you how well, l feel. No pain, no discomfort, so l worried for nothing! The whole thing was effortless!
I hope your operation goes well for you too!

I hope everyone is having a good day, especially now the world hasn't ended!

Well done Art, glad you coped so well, and are now home and on the road to recovery again.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

24-09-2017, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well done Art, glad you coped so well, and are now home and on the road to recovery again.
Thank You! Mups.
I just thought l would look on YouTube to see what the operation entailed! I am glad, l didn't see it beforehand but it is marvellous what they can do these days!

Admin, I'm sorry if l have hijacked this thread with my gall bladder removal but it might help Fogey.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top