Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 12:40 AM

Re: Alcohol, when did you start liking it?

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Being a shy girl..
At the age of17-18 it gave me untold confidence..

Never looked back
Good on yer gal!....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Assuming of course that you partake, as a kid I used to see my dad or one of my uncles drinking beer, and thought how marvelous it must be,and after much nattering on my part my dad gave in and gave me a sip, well I thought it was the vilest substance known to man, and I could not see what they saw in it, but later on as I started going around town with my mates ( at 16 I might add) beer seemed wonderful, even though I often over indulged, so why do, people develop a taste for it I guess our taste change as we get older.

At about the age of 7 or 8. Gran used to make her own jet fuel, I mean orange wine - real good stuff!!! Have NEVER been a beer drinker, vile stuff. Now, although officially I'm no longer allowed alcohol, I do like a little tot of Brandy in my coffee first thing in the morning.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 10:23 AM

Probably 8 or 9, when my aunty gave me a glass of homemade elderberry wine. I liked it so much when i got home i found a bottle in the cupboard along with a packet of choc digestives, polished both off

Turns out it was cough medicine i had downed so off to doctors and a bollocking when i got home.,
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 11:39 AM

I don't remember first time but at six I was sipping my mums cider while my sister at 18 months was enjoying froth off top of my nans stout, we started young but I've never been a big drinker, just birthdays and Christmas when just one or two would make me very merry. My younger sister has drunk since she was 18 and my youngest sister is an alcoholic so I tend to take any idea starting young causes alcoholism with a pinch of salt.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Ha Ha I think that "Whooosh" you heard was Longdogs implication going over your head. Or maybe not...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mister_Oy ->
My Grandad used to dip my dummy in his whisky.

The rest, as they say, is history

Currently sipping a nice 60% ABV Glenlivet Nadura
Apparently, an elderly relative used to give me Guinness when I was about 4 (And some of her fish & chips).
Project Brenda
United Kingdom
Project Brenda is female 

21-07-2017, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Apparently, an elderly relative used to give me Guinness when I was about 4 (And some of her fish & chips).

They where the good old days... couldn't get away with it now you'd be arrested.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 12:48 PM

I think it may have been Guinness or some other beer that l tasted when l was about 11.
It was nice with milk and sugar in it!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 04:18 PM

" Originally Posted by Mister_Oy View Post
My Grandad used to dip my dummy in his whisky"

Oops - forgot about that - yes my Gran used to add a teaspoon of whisky or brandy to my bottle of milk when I was an infant.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top