Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 07:45 PM

Re: Does Pushing A Shopping Trolley, Ruin Your 'Street Cred'?

Necessity being the mother of invention, yes I have one, (I'll leave you all to guess what colour), but I had no choice since my arthritic hips and knees would no longer permit to carry bags of shopping home without it. Now that I've had my hips and knees replaced and the supermarkets now deliver, my trolley is stored away in the cupboard under the stairs and hasn't seen the light of day for quite some time.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 08:27 PM

They definitely say pensioner to me, particularly those awful square tartan ones. It's daft really as the pull along travel bags are similar and look quite cool at airports but shopping trolleys? Ooh no, sorry. I don't know what it is about them but I hope I never have to resort to one.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 08:36 PM

They have some lovely trendy "orla keily "type designs so not ageing at all if you are a glam Joanna Lumley type. Lots of youngsters use them to take their washing to the launderette. I thought the main benefit of getting older was not having to worry about what anyone thinks. I have yet to reach such a zen like state but if i didn't have the car i would buy the coolest looking trolley (or order online forever more...)
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Necessity being the mother of invention, yes I have one, (I'll leave you all to guess what colour), but I had no choice since my arthritic hips and knees would no longer permit to carry bags of shopping home without it. Now that I've had my hips and knees replaced and the supermarkets now deliver, my trolley is stored away in the cupboard under the stairs and hasn't seen the light of day for quite some time.
Is it tartan?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-07-2017, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
They definitely say pensioner to me, particularly those awful square tartan ones. It's daft really as the pull along travel bags are similar and look quite cool at airports but shopping trolleys? Ooh no, sorry. I don't know what it is about them but I hope I never have to resort to one.
They are practicality itself. My 80 something mum has two. One for light shopping and the other for the big shop.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 08:41 PM

I've got a specially adapted one I use, when the mood takes me.

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 10:00 PM

Noooooooo Mups......Not you as well
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 10:09 PM

The beauty of these dilemmas is, at this age, you are unlikely to be recognised by anyone you used the know, more than likely, they are dead.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 10:12 PM

I had one years ago, it was one my Mum had not the type with the big sticky out piece that trips everyone up though, this just had a little metal foot rest. And it did the job as i only had to walk to the end of the road to the local supermarket through the week for the odd few bits and yes i loved it. I did't need it at the weekend though as we went in the car to our main supermarket.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-07-2017, 10:17 PM

A pain to put a full shopping trolley on the back seat of a car though...

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top