Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 10:31 AM

Re: Duvets or Sheets and Blankets?

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Thanks duvet lovers. For those wrestling with a duvet cover (like Mrs D). Here is the solution.

Lay the cover on the bed, slit facing you. Roll up the duvet like a Swiss roll. Offer the roll to the slit and gently unroll it inside. Two minutes flat and grin on face.

Off you go to practice.......
I prefer :

1. turn the duvet cover inside out (or wash & iron it inside out)
2. place both hands inside the two closed end corners (like gloves)
3. Grab two corners of the duvet and shake the duvet cover outside-in over the duvet until fully covered.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I prefer :

3. Grab two corners of the duvet and shake the duvet cover outside-in over the duvet until fully covered.
I always turn the duvet inside out before putting it on.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I prefer :

Annie, That's the way l do it too but sometimes, l end up trapped inside the cover, grappling to get out of it!

This is another really simple way to put the cover on. It's like a magic trick!!

https://www.facebook.com/realsimple/...3853655913163/
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 11:37 AM

Love my duvet TBH, Have a King sized one so that drapes over each side of the bed--Bliss.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Annie, That's the way l do it too but sometimes, l end up trapped inside the cover, grappling to get out of it!

This is another really simple way to put the cover on. It's like a magic trick!!

It does look like a magic trick - great tip - and no lumps or bumps.

We have duvets and I always put a sheet in-between the duvet. If I get too hot I can just sleep under the sheet and I don't have to change the duvet everytime I change the bed.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2017, 07:29 PM

Both my son & I prefer sheets ,1 bottom,1 top ,& blankets. I have some spare ones in storage bags & was wondering if to keep them or not,they are not needed but should we get a very bad/cold winter we may need them
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 08:18 AM

Great tip well it looks easy here !
To digress
Is it only me who can't stand loads of cushions on beds ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Great tip well it looks easy here !
To digress
Is it only me who can't stand loads of cushions on beds ?
Muddy, l can't stand cushions either! Nor, can l stand seeing teddy bears/soft toys on beds! Dust collectors!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 11:14 AM

Muddy, l can't stand cushions either! Nor, can l stand seeing teddy bears/soft toys on beds! Dust collectors!
My bed, well one side of it is covered in cuddly toys.
Since I lost my OH, it has just happened.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 11:19 AM

I have a duvet and a sheet. For some reason if I don't put a top sheet on as well, the duvet tickles me all night. Weird I know

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top