Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2017, 11:02 AM

Re: are you feeling cold too ?

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Its 'parky' outside, but in here its fine. My little flat is surrounded by others - above, below and either side of me, so the only walls I have to heat are the back and the front. My room thermostat has, during this past two weeks (even without the heating on) never dropped below 18 oC.
So you are living off the backs of others.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2017, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
So you are living off the backs of others.

No, like others who happen to live in the middle of a terrace block, we only have the back and front walls to heat. If I decide to switch my heating on, my neighbours also benefit too.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2017, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No, like others who happen to live in the middle of a terrace block, we only have the back and front walls to heat. If I decide to switch my heating on, my neighbours also benefit too.
Depends what floor you are on.

The higher you are the more you live of the backs of others.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top