Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 04:12 PM

Re: Designer boots ruined

Originally Posted by Barry ->
How stupid must you be to pay that sort of money for children's shoes in the first place? Absolutely bonkers and no, she shouldn't pay because the kid should never have been wearing them anyway...

Once again I agree with you, Barry.
If the mother can afford that sort of money for a pair of kids shoes, she can jolly well afford to get them professionally cleaned.
Anyway, for all we know it could have been the child herself who did it when playing, so why charge somebody else! Stupid woman.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 04:18 PM

Pathetic woman.

If that were me I'd invite her to take me to court. Then I'd go along for the fun of watching the stupid woman laughed out of court.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 04:26 PM

The world's gone mad.

Wasn't long ago I remember reading that some daft family billed another child's family for the cost of their child not turning up to their child's birthday party when things had been booked.

tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
The worlds gone mad.

Wasn't long ago I remember reading that some daft family billed another child's family for the cost of their child not turning up to their child's birthday party when things had been booked.

I heard that one too!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 05:57 PM

What a very stupid thing to lose a friendship over. As for paying silly money for kiddies clothes and shoes, words fail me. The boots were most likely not even worth the money. A few years ago I bought a little pair of leather boots for my, then 2 year old grandson. The boots were 8 euros on the market. Whilst in the UK with my son, and his then wife, we walked past Peter Lords shoe shop. In the window was the very same little pair of boots. Just to be nosy we went in and asked to look at the little boots. According the box and the labels on the shoes, they were made in Spain, in Elche, exactly the same as the ones I bought, but, the price in Peter Lords was a ridiculous 82 pounds. That is one hell of a mark up from 8 euros.

I certainly don't think the woman should pay for the girl's boots, and I think the mother who paid such a stupid price for a small child's boots would be better spending the money on visiting a psychiatrist.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
The world's gone mad.

These people all seem to be of a type, don't they?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 06:56 PM

I agree with all comments here. Ridiculous to pay those prices in the first place, and what did she think would happen if she sent the child to a kids' party in them? That they would come back squeaky clean??

Honestly, some parents deserve a smack.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I saw this is in the news ..
the little 3 year old owns another 60 pairs of boots.

and of no interest whatsoever the mother of the little girl is a clothes designer who apparently designed a dress made out of pubic hair.
You can all gag now and lean over a be sick.
Presumably a mini skirt - a short and curly one.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 09:05 PM

As I was daft enough to first mention this ... I've reluctantly googled it.

The hair was donated for free. She stuck it onto the skirt with super glue. The little bra top has a matching waist to floor skirt.
Last June she was flogging this wondrous fashion article for 10k.

She us now asking for sperm donors for her next project ...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2017, 09:19 PM

I suppose if people are willing to pay those stupid prices the makers will keep charging them.
Inflation has really taken off over the years, my house cost £310 when it was bought new back in 1930. Wonder how many model T Fords you'd get for £325 back in 1930? .

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top