Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 10:30 AM

Re: Do You Keep It Private Or, Just Flaunt It?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Far better not to let people know too much about you. Forums aren't reality.
I agree about being cautious Tara but forums are reality while you are here posting, .nothing different here online to how I am in my everyday life...so forums are real if I thought they were not I wouldn't bother coming here
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Far better not to let people know too much about you. Forums aren't reality.
People always say that but we are all real people, only difference is we type our chat instead of using our voices.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I know you've read mine so you aren't as indifferent as you like to make out!!

Your name is on my page as a recent visitor.

Mine too, Carol.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Mine too, Carol.

She loves us really!!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 10:45 AM

Tuts that she hasn't read mine....how come I'm left out! What's wrong with me?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Sorry but I think l may not have explained myself clearly in my OP!
I meant can your Profile be seen by anyone when they are not logged into the site or a registered user?
Do these words appear on your profile page......

'Sorry This User Has Set Their Profile To Private.... You Will Need To Log In/Register To View It'

Or can your profile be seen?
Originally Posted by carol ->
I just assumed fellow members could view my profile but people who aren't members can't.

That's what it's for isn't it?

I agree carol.
Arty we covered this the other day surely, in your thread about how much we give away of ourselves...

On page10 post94 I asked Admin to clarify if our profiles were available to be viewed by any passing Tom Dick or Harry or if they were only readable by registered members, but there wasn't a reply.

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...=40016&page=10
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Arty you asked this the other day surely, in your thread about how much we give away of ourselves...On page10 post94 I asked Admin to clarify if our profiles were available to be viewed by any passing Tom Dick or Harry or if they were only readable by registered members, but there wasn't a reply.

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...=40016&page=10
Yes! ruthio but this thread is not meant to be about how much you say about yourself on your profile.
I was referring to profiles that can be seen by anyone not logged in, looking at the site and clicking onto a member's profile.
All l can suggest to show what l mean, is for members to log off, then view the site whilst logged off. If a member hasn't set their profile to 'Private' then their profile can be seen by anyone who clicks onto it! Profiles set to 'Private' carry the caption l posted upthread.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:09 AM

can only repeat the request for Admin to clarify what is available to the UN registered public.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2016, 11:10 AM

My profile is set to restrict viewing to members only so only those who have logged in can see it .

To do this you go to the Control Panel/Settings and options/Edit Options and select the box that says ...
Restrict viewing of profile to Members only? yes
http://www.over50sforum.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

23-12-2016, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My profile is set to restrict viewing to members only so only those who have logged in can see it .

To do this you go to the Control Panel/Settings and options/Edit Options and select the box that says ...

http://www.over50sforum.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
Meg Tara was commenting on the other thread about people's photos in their profiles of babies and small children.

Are these photos available too for the general public to view unless the profile setting is adjusted?

I bet lots of members have no idea about this.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top