Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 12:44 PM

Re: Were you loved in your child hood.

I had a great family home life growing up I was one of five, we never wanted for anything there was food on the table, outings and holidays.

I always followed by dad around he taught me how to repair things, we planted flowers in the garden and when we had the shop I went with him to the cash and carry.

Yes I was loved by my dad and I loved him cannot say the same for my mother, to this day don't believe she liked me. When I was 36 my dad died and from that day to this I never saw my mother again, she had always been cold towards me and displayed it more than ever at his funeral.

I still miss him so much. Listening to my husband and how he was brought up he did not have such a good time of it, being passed around, I try to make up for his unhappy childhood by us both enjoying ourselves now.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 12:51 PM

Reading some of these posts, l cannot take in or understand how a parent could not love their own child. Parents might not like their children at times but surely they still love them?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Reading some of these posts, l cannot take in or understand how a parent could not love their own child. Parents might not like their children at times but surely they still love them?
Some people just aren't cut out to be parents, and not all women are born to be mothers

Unfortunately our parents didn't have the choice

I was fortunate to have been born when I had the choice to become a mother or not, I chose not to

Yes as kids we had it hard, and I mean hard. And as everything was behind closed doors, no one intervened

I remember going back to where I grew up when I was in my late 20's and talking to neighbours. They knew what was going on and they said nothing. They didn't want to believe what they could hear as mum and dad were so respectable to the outside world. Hell mum was even a guide leader lol

Mum lives with me now. I don't love nor respect her. Shes here as there is no one else. Mr Missy always thought I was too hard about her, now he's living with her he sees the lies and manipulation and the re writing of history. I don't mis treat her , indeed she lives a life of luxury here, but she knows how I feel about her

Never once in 52 years have I heard a word of praise or the words I love you

My (step) children and grandchildren are told that every time I see them. Even if I don't agree with their life choices they know me and dad will support them 100%. We love them unconditionally and they know it
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 04:43 PM

Oh dear, I feel so guilty reading all these posts, as I always say I had a smashing childhood.
My father was in the regular army, so we were always on the move to different places.

I was an only child, but not by choice. Apparently when I was 6, I got the Mumps and being a lovely child that I was, I passed it onto my Dad. Think that got paid to me having any brothers or sisters.

I just feel really choked up reading some of these posts. Wish you all could have had my parents.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Marion ->

I just feel really choked up reading some of these posts. Wish you all could have had my parents.
Me too.

But each time I read the title I think of holidays in Folkestone.

For heaven's sake when will someone please correct the 'where' to 'were'!

I'd like to volunteer to be a thread title spell checker!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 05:09 PM

Yes I was well loved, although my Dad was very strict and I did get hit a lot by him, but for my own good, I was a real Tom Boy and a real naughty Teenager so I deserved it.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
No need for the NSPCC then?
Good point, Carol it had not occurred to me.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 08:46 PM

Not much different really - Victorian style father with a volcano type temper, "Do as I say immediately". Protective mother, and creeping snivelling brother let to a life tolerating each other. No encouragement only criticism from the old man. Brother in India somewhere pretending he is a Billy Graham to the great unwashed. Sad episode, but made up with the companionship, teamwork and love from 50 years of the light in my life - Mrs Dobra
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I always consider myself to be one of the lucky ones because I was always loved by the whole family and as far as I know, I still am. My parents didn't have a lot of money and worked hard to provide simple holidays for my sister and me such as camping: but we loved all our holidays. What my parents did give us was their time which I think is most important.
This is so similar to what I was about to post
..that I've knicked it!
I need to change... two older brothers instead of a "sister" but exactly the same otherwise

What is lovely to read here is, despite people's up-bringing..they have still matured in to well-adjusted adults and what's more...they have realised the importance of breaking what social workers call "the cycle" and have been themselves, wonderful parents

I'm basking in that familiar OFF glow!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 09:16 PM

Yes I was loved ,but my Mother was a very busy lady and didnt have much time to give me, we had no mod cons, everything was done by hand,she had my 2 teenage brothers and a teen age sister to care for as well as my Dad. She was very strict and many times I was hit for disobeying, As a child I often felt unloved, but when I was ill [ which was often ] she was always there , sitting up with me in the night, visiting in hospital.I never went cold , hungry or without clothes

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top