Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:21 PM

Re: I'm waiting for my tiles to set.

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Are party sausages deemed offensive?
No, but fricasseed bunions are
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
f you started at the front door and worked back into the house then loo and kitchen access is no problem
I did just that realspeed but my stairs are in the middle and the access to the kitchen is only two tiles wide. Living room is also in the middle. Believe me when I say I thought of every option. I could not continue tiling down to the kitchen at the back because I wouldn't be able to get back. I live in a terraced house with no street access from the garden.

Anyway, all tiles are set now and I did manage to get to the loo in time.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I did just that realspeed but my stairs are in the middle and the access to the kitchen is only two tiles wide. Living room is also in the middle. Believe me when I say I thought of every option. I could not continue tiling down to the kitchen at the back because I wouldn't be able to get back. I live in a terraced house with no street access from the garden.

Thank god for that!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Thank god for that!
Don't know if you tipped them off Twink but there was a large group of ladies waiting outside my window.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 01:12 PM

I did just that realspeed but my stairs are in the middle and the access to the kitchen is only two tiles wide.

I take it your not using 140x140 tiles?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-06-2016, 01:21 PM

I take it your not using 140x140 tiles?
It's a very small house.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 03:07 PM

Don't know if you tipped them off Twink but there was a large group of ladies waiting outside my window.
Do you mean the ones with the magnifying glasses?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 04:31 PM

It's a very small house.
We did a complete ground floor corridor at an office block, as it was from the lifts to main door we decided to lay them on a Sunday and return the following Sunday to grout.

On the Monday we received a call saying the tiles were uneven and they weren't happy with the workmanship.

Upon arriving to discuss this I noticed the tiles were indeed uneven but assured the client they weren't when we left.
I got the impression she didn't believe me and I knew I was right so asked if we could view the CCTV.

Sure enough it showed a guy exit the lifts shortly after we'd left and walk on the newly laid tiles.

It transpired that this guy(a manager and key holder)was behind on a report that was needed on the Monday and had worked through the Saturday night/Sunday morning preparing his report.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

23-06-2016, 02:46 PM

We did a complete ground floor corridor at an office block, as it was from the lifts to main door we decided to lay them on a Sunday and return the following Sunday to grout.

On the Monday we received a call saying the tiles were uneven and they weren't happy with the workmanship.

Upon arriving to discuss this I noticed the tiles were indeed uneven but assured the client they weren't when we left.
I got the impression she didn't believe me and I knew I was right so asked if we could view the CCTV.

Sure enough it showed a guy exit the lifts shortly after we'd left and walk on the newly laid tiles.

It transpired that this guy(a manager and key holder)was behind on a report that was needed on the Monday and had worked through the Saturday night/Sunday morning preparing his report.
What a nightmare. I bet that was fun taking them all up again. Mine are laid on nomoreply so I think the floorboards would com up before the tiles.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

23-06-2016, 04:03 PM

What's nomo reply?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top