Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 10:07 PM

Re: For those of you heading to Europe and needing your mobile.

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
And don't forget getting laid Tiepin, that takes organising

Seems you've knocked me back
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2016, 11:33 PM

I had a few of my Grandkids round on Sunday to sit and stare at their phones. Talk about killing the art of conversation!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I had a few of my Grandkids round on Sunday to sit and stare at their phones. Talk about killing the art of conversation!
You should've phoned or text them, even though you're in the same room.

If they refused to answer then you know they think old fogeys are boring and killjoys
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
EZ ... my daughter tells me off because it's usually me that's busy on my tablet ... I just say "if there's anything I want to say to you I'll email it"
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
3 do a great package.
300 mins+3000 text+ unlimited data all for £20.
This is valid for one month after you put the sim in your phone. To keep the sim and number all you have to do is put it in a phone once in a 6 month period, no topping up required until you next need it.
Any calls you make from Spain( or any other country 3 cover)comes out of the 300 mins.

I'm on contract with Virgin and have unlimited everything, calls, text and data but the international roaming costs a fortune.
I just buy a local SIM when I arrive - much cheaper. From memory a Hotlink SIM in Malaysia or Thailand cost Rm5 + Rm10 credit ie $5 or £2.50.

I don't think I have ever encountered such expensive mobile costs as I found in the UK though that was about 3 or 4 years ago, perhaps things have improved. £20 a month is outrageous.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I always take my Netbook on holiday with me, keeping in contact with Over 50's Forum is mandatory in my book.
It cost me fifty quid on the cruise last year, but I'm sure everyone was looking forward to receiving my blogs....
Love it Fox!!!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Emergencies/accidents happen whether at home or abroad.

I will be driving up and down unlit mountain roads every day, some very dangerous with very few barriers......nothing wrong with being prepared.

I'd hate to have a crash and sit there injured wishing I'd brought my phone...but that's just me.

Im also visiting a lot of people, arranging this would be impossible without communications.
I agree. Anyway a mobile phone is so much more than just a phone I made a list once of of some of the things I use it for on a regular basis:

Phone (of course)
Camera - still and video
Address Book
Telephone directory
GPS
ATM directory
Maps
Diary
Live bush fire warnings
Live road conditions/Accidents warning
Banking
Hotel/motel booking system
Flight details
Train/bus/Ferry timetable
Train ticket
Postal/charges/deliveries Information
Note taker/recorder
Shopping List
Alarm
Timer
Calculator
Torch
Email

There are probably more but these days I would rather go out without my wallet than my phone.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I agree. Anyway a mobile phone is so much more than just a phone I made a list once of of some of the things I use it for on a regular basis:

Phone (of course)
Camera - still and video
Address Book
Telephone directory
GPS
ATM directory
Maps
Diary
Live bush fire warnings
Live road conditions/Accidents warning
Banking
Hotel/motel booking system
Flight details
Train/bus/Ferry timetable
Train ticket
Postal/charges/deliveries Information
Note taker/recorder
Shopping List
Alarm
Timer
Calculator
Torch
Email

There are probably more but these days I would rather go out without my wallet than my phone.

I feel exactly the same way Bruce...a mini pc...
A world at your fingertips!
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That sounds a good deal.

I think that Three generally is a good company to be with. I use their 3-2-1 PAYG deal which, for a low user who uses the phone on wi-fi at home a lot of the time, means that I rarely pay anything! I might top up by £10 once every three to six months.
Do you get to keep your number with this deal?
I am with BT with phones mobile, land line, and broadband.
I pay £5 a month for the mobile, but I rarely use it. So it's costing me £60 a year.
I did have a PAYG with Tesco one time.
As for the uses of a mobile phone. The other day, my daughter had a different ring on her phone.
She said that the burglar alarm had been activated in her holiday home. Touching a button or two she could see through the installed security cameras.
She saw it was the guy that does the maintainence on the property.
The property is in Antiga. Magic or technology?
When she is away we keep contact via 'FaceTime'.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2016, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Do you get to keep your number with this deal?
I'm afraid I can't answer that; this is my first smartphone!

I think I have heard that you can keep your number. That is certainly true for land lines, anyway.

Call them and ask. I have found them to be very helpful.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top