Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 11:52 PM

Re: Good old days?

What about black & white TV and the only phone you needed to worry about was your house phone
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2016, 11:56 PM

Hopalong Cassidy was among the first programmes that I watched on our newly acquired tiny black and white tv set
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
What about black & white TV and the only phone you needed to worry about was your house phone
eyes, Our phone was two cocoa tins connected to each other with a very long piece of string!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Browbeaten ->
Hopalong Cassidy was among the first programmes that I watched on our newly acquired tiny black and white tv set
Browb, the very first programme I ever saw on our newly acquired tiny black and white TV set was Quatermass and the Pit. We were scared out of our wits and hid behind a chair!!
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 12:11 AM

I don't remember that Art. I was more interested in the cowboys.
Lone Ranger and Tonto, Davy Crockett and the last of the Mohicans, Wyatt Earp etc
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2016, 12:15 AM

Lone Ranger and Tonto, Davy Crockett and the last of the Mohicans, Wyatt Earp etc
Brow, Yes, I remember all those cowboys but I think I saw them first on the Saturday morning pictures and then later on TV.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
I remember my Grandad getting a little 'box' thingy to get BBC 2 (I think it was). He was proud as punch of it.

I also remember staying at my Nan & Grandad's weekends and Nan turning the gas lamps down to just a glow when I went to bed, because I didn't like the dark. I suppose it was a much the same as the present day 'dimmer switches.'
Browbeaten
manchester

02-02-2016, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Brow, Yes, I remember all those cowboys but I think I saw them first on the Saturday morning pictures and then later on TV.
The Three Stooges at the pictures Art.
I still find them hilarious.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2016, 12:21 AM

Ooh yes, and that lovely Cheyenne Bodie, (Clint Walker). 6'6" and 17 stone.
Still remember him. What was that programme called?

Then there was Rowdy Yates in Rawhide.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2016, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I remember my Grandad getting a little 'box' thingy to get BBC 2 (I think it was). He was proud as punch of it.

I also remember staying at my Nan & Grandad's weekends and Nan turning the gas lamps down to just a glow when I went to bed, because I didn't like the dark. I suppose it was a much the same as the present day 'dimmer switches.'
Mups, Do you mean the gas mantles that had the delicate white lantern that disintegrated if you touched them?!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top