Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 11:40 AM

Re: Warning to women drivers

Hello Tootsweet

Seems you asked a question but I can't find it?
"Warning to women drivers
O/P

I just got this from America but don't know if it's true or not.

While driving on a quiet rural road on Thursday morning, I saw an infant car seat on the side of the road with a blanket draped over it. For whatever reason, I did not stop, even though I had all kinds of thoughts running through my head.

But when I got to my destination, I called the police who said they would check it out but first they warned …..

"There are several things to be aware of ... gangs and thieves are now plotting different ways to get a person (mostly women) to stop their vehicle and get out of the car….it’s a gang initiation where they place a car seat by the side of a rural road..with a fake baby in it...waiting for a woman, of course, to stop and check”

Still I remember when picking up female hitch-hikers was all part of the game..........and some say this county has not gone down the pan.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 11:55 AM

There was a warning going around about gangs that have one member inside a store watching people put in their pin numbers, they text someone in the carpark with the description of the person they're watching. One person in the carpark then follows the person to their car and distracts them while another steals their bag or purse to get their credit/debit card.
I don't know how true this is, but it sounds possible.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 11:59 AM

There's also one about a piece of paper being put on the rear screen under the wiper. The person doesn't notice until they prepare to drive off and look behind. They get out to see what it is and someone jumps in and steals the car.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
There was a warning going around about gangs that have one member inside a store watching people put in their pin numbers, they text someone in the carpark with the description of the person they're watching. One person in the carpark then follows the person to their car and distracts them while another steals their bag or purse to get their credit/debit card.
Yes correct and they are all Eastern Europeans
dukeofearl
south coast uk

05-01-2016, 12:05 PM

There's also one about a piece of paper being put on the rear screen under the wiper. The person doesn't notice until they prepare to drive off and look behind. They get out to see what it is and someone jumps in and steals the car.
I had a dog jump in a couple of times and they would not get out.
Afraid the Merc does not have a rear wiper and nobody nic's Fords
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 12:10 PM

We had a spate in our local town of Eastern Europeans hanging around in the supermarket car parks watching people load their car boots with food bags and when the said shoppers went off to return their trolleys to the trolley park the "watchers " if the shoppers had left the car unlocked which was common would nick all the bags of food from their boot.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 12:15 PM

I can't see how anyone could read PIN numbers. They would have to be looking over my shoulder. Then they would get an elbow in their face.
Where I have to put in my pin, the units are well shielded and even if anyone is standing close I shield the unit with my hand.
ATMs are another thing. Their keypads are more exposed. When using external ones outside the bank. I check for fake devises, and lean over the unit when entering my pin.
I mostly use the internal one in the bank.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 12:19 PM

Do any of you ladies know what to do if you have an accident and you are on your own? The cops don't come anymore unless someone is injured so it's up to you to get the details off the other driver. If he/she refuses to give name address and insurer or fails to stop, I can call the police and I must also arrange for my own tow, if needed.

The thought scares me to death, Sydney traffic is a nightmare and I've been very lucky so far.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 12:34 PM

Tis true Tess. It happened to me at Tesco, and it really, really upset me.
Somewhere between the check out and my car, by bag vanished. I've never known how they did it. No one stopped me, bumped into me, or talked to me, yet my bag went. The Fraud people told me that in less than 3 minutes they tried my card in the cash machine but fortunately kept getting one digit wrong.
They told me about people lurking around the check outs watching pin numbers. Now I will never reach over to use the card payment thingy, I take it off the stand and use it close to me, or pay with cash. Some of these card payment things are an arms lengths away in the supermarkets here, its all wrong.

I lost my bag, purse, cards, cash, mobile, a much treasured photo, and my Mum's shopping money. The CCTV saw them at the cash machine, but couldn't identify them. Fat lot of help the camera was then!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 12:38 PM

Take mobile phone pics of everything youve got in your purse and handbag so if it goes missing you will have visual pics to remind you what you need to cancel...ofc upload the photos to your pc or tablet dont just keep them on your phone as that may go missing also.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top