Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2016, 11:45 PM

Re: Just booked two small Shearings trips

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
If there aren't many on your coach you could be doing a change over, they won't send an empty coach from London to Blackpool.
When we go to Scotland they usually have a break at Gretna and pick up more passengers from other coaches.
Yes, that's possible. When I went to Llandudno (I think) we picked up about 20 other pax up north. But their coach was late so we had to wait for them.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 10:44 AM

One of the pleasures of this time of year is looking through the holiday brochures. Since Tony has refused to renew his passport we're confined to holidays in the UK now but I don't mind.

I love the short five day breaks offered by Shearing's and other coach company's and hope to book a few through the year - starting with a winter one.

Jazzi have a great time at Blackpool & Weston... I've been to both places and had a great time. Blackpool has been improved beyond recognition from how it was 20 years ago. A smart sea front - new trams - I was really impressed.

Enjoy.x
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Early Feb, BC. Only got 2 nights there and I need to rush round seeing the sights.

I thoroughly enjoy my holidays with Shearings, and know all about the waits at the hub.
Just think Jazzi.
If you play your cards right, one of those sites/sights could be ME!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 08:44 PM

Sounds good .My friends and I like to do day trips and were just saying today we wonder when the new brochures will be out
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 10:34 PM

Who do you normally travel with on day trips, deylon? Here in East London/Essex we have Wests. Must admit I keep forgetting to look through the brochure to see what's on offer.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2016, 04:32 AM

I'm in Australia but having been born and bred in Yorkshire I knew about Shearings from my mother and now we come back to the UK every year we have used them a lot. Much cheaper than booking with Australian companies here and easy to do via phone or internet.

We went with them to the Swiss/Austrian Alps last July and it was magic and only a half full coach which was better still.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 08:46 PM

Hi Folks.
Booked this holiday yesterday.
Picked up 5 minutes up the road by coach and taken to stretton, for a change of coaches and then taken to Morecambe Bay for a 4 night holiday as described below.
We would find it hard to stay at home for this value!
£198 for the both of us!

http://www.shearings.com/holidays/mi...0&promo=ISO604

HIGHLIGHTS...

Four drinks vouchers per person on Wednesday night
Take in the views across Morecambe Bay from our hotel
Explore the stunning scenery of the Lake District
Enjoy a cruise on Lake Windermere
Visit historical Lancaster

Midweek Plus breaks are the perfect antidote to those winter blues! Staying in our comfortable Strathmore Hotel in Morecambe, you’ll enjoy live evening entertainment on Wednesday night, four free drinks vouchers to use on one evening, as well as sightseeing excursions. These breaks offer fantastic value for money!
GREAT FOR: Food & Drink Great for - Scenery Great for - Walking

save up to
£60pp
based on 2 people
5 days from only
£99pp
based on 2 people
Departs Board Days
1st Feb 2016 Half Board 5
TRAVEL BY: COACH
DEPARTING FROM: NORTH WEST, WEST MIDLANDS
TOTAL PRICE: £198 (2 PEOPLE)
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

24-02-2016, 01:17 AM

Back from that particular holiday, and here is my Tripadvisor review which was published only yesterday.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUs...e_England.html

“Would not go back.”

3 of 5 starsReviewed yesterday NEW

Being someone who goes on a lot of Shearings holidays, I can usually give very good reviews.
Unfortunately, not this time I can't.

I telephoned in before my Wife and I went here, and requested a room off the back with views. Our room had two windows, with one of them looking straight out at a brick wall. The other window had a metal staircase leading right up to it from the street below, so we didn't feel particularly safe and secure.

So much for 'phoning in ahead then!

The entertainment was quite good apart from the artists leaving loud music on during the breaks.
We found it impossible to have a conversation at that time, and walked out early on the Thursday night, as that particular entertainer seemed to think we were all deaf!

The entertainment room is rather small with a postage stamp for a dance floor. You can forget doing any line dancing here! LOL!

The food was fine except that some of it, particularly the vegetables, were not hot enough for my liking.

We didn't feel much warmth from the staff here either, as we do from all other Shearings hotels my Wife and I have stayed in.
They just just seemed to be going through the motions to get through the shift before going home.

The exception was our coach driver who was a helpful and friendly peach, particularly on included excursions.

Mind you, we would not go back to Morecambe, as sorry to say, in our opinion, it is a bit of a dump!

Stayed February 2016, travelled as a couple

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUs..._England.html#
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

24-02-2016, 06:46 PM

Nothing in Morecambe whatsoever! I certainly wouldn't waste a whole holiday there. I spent several hours sitting in the inside mall, away from the rain, simply to wait for the bus back to Windermere (with the lady I went with).

What a boring place!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2016, 07:21 PM

That's a shame Jazzi ... you could have got the bus to Heysham ... It's a lovely little village or to Carnforth Station

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top