Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2015, 08:50 PM

Re: New Year's

Sorry Yani ,I didnt see your post before I put mine on, the same subject. Perhaps mine can be moved over to this site ?
yani
yani is female 

29-12-2015, 08:52 PM

No problem, deylon, I was just going to reply on yours.
yani
yani is female 

29-12-2015, 08:53 PM

My hub and I will spend the evening at home and watch a flick, nothing special.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2015, 09:30 PM

We'll celebrate together like we do every year.
Boring to some, but perfect for us!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2015, 09:35 PM

Sit here waiting for all the neighbourhood dogs to kick off when the fireworks start
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2015, 09:53 PM

My husband and I may go out on the streets to see how people in this part of the world bring i the New Year.
Usually fireworks are involved .
I am always glad when the new year it is a time of sadness of time passing and loved ones that are no longer here.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2015, 10:04 PM

Going across the road to our Finnish neighbours for a meal. Thatīs as far as we ever go on New Yearīs Eve, we never leave ChoCho, she is terrified of fireworks, the skies are filled with them here, twice, Spanish new year followed an hour later by British new year.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2015, 10:33 PM

Sorry to hear that you will see in the New Year alone Yvonne, but the upside is; I'm sure that there will be plenty of activity on here.

O/H and me will be picking up FIL tomorrow and driving to Scarborough for a three night stay at the Palm Court Hotel, I'm sure they would have a room for you if you wanted to enjoy the party on New Years Eve. Failing that, I will keep you posted with a blow by blow account (with photos) in Leisure Activities under 'Bob's Bits.

For the last couple of years we have checked in to the Palm Court to enjoy the New Years Eve celebrations but the Clifton Hotel in the North Bay Scarborough was the place to be at the New Year, we made many friends, and the Ball was something spectacular with a six course dinner, live music, a piper at midnight and a live band/disco, but a change of owner in 2012 and it was never the same again.....

So we moved to Palm Court and all our friends came with us. Now we meet up and find out who's been doing what over the year and talk about our aspirations for the incoming year over a drink or two. I try not to drink too much on the Eve because there is something special that I have been doing for as long as I can remember; At seven in the morning on New Years Day I have been going out for an early morning run up to the top of Olivers Mount, it's sort of traditional now and it heralds in a New Year of running.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2015, 11:26 PM

My local cinema's showing an old movie ...going to watch it with daughter and son-in-law and his parents.....then home to see the New Year in finishing off the Christmas Pud
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2015, 11:40 PM

I always spend Christmas with one of my daughters, one one year and one the next.
But I am always by myself on new years eve, and I don't mind it one bit. I don't drink, I gave up smoking 10 months ago, so looks like I shall be watching the tv, and then watching the fireworks in neighbours gardens.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top